No announcement yet.

Got pulled over tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha, i got my first ticket ever today...speeding 53 in a 40. I got to find a way to get this dismissed. Made it 6 years without getting one, although I have probably been pulled over more than 20 times. Guess they had to get me one day

Comment

send in the money for the fine but include $1 more than the amount owed and then they never close the case so you don't get points. someone I knew did that, had tons of speeding violations but never got any points because the state didn't want to refund him that $1
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

My Del Sol windows are tinted and every time I take it in for state inspection the guy always mentions that my tint is illegal. Have had the Del Sol for 10 years now and never had a problem because of the tint, but I usually drive it with all the windows down anyway. I also had a little "Neuspeed" decal on the left front wing window and he scraped it off without asking because he said it was against VA law to have anything on the side windows but you can put as much stuff as you want on the back window. I guess it is not important to be able to see out the back!
        Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
        1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
        2004 Mazda 3
        -----------
        5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
          The cop told me that window tint basically give them resonable cause to stop people and check for any "other" problems.
          My cousin is a state trooper and he says that they've stopped doing that. If they get anything because of it defense lawyers can get it dismissed pretty easy.
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
            send in the money for the fine but include $1 more than the amount owed and then they never close the case so you don't get points. someone I knew did that, had tons of speeding violations but never got any points because the state didn't want to refund him that $1
            hoping my girlfriends dad can get it thrown out...he knows people in high places. He got a DWI thrown out for one of her cousins.:p

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
              Some states will send you a check for the overpayment. If they do, rip it up. Never cash it.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

ive been pulled over multipul times with my trucks tint, there little thing that tells what the percent is says 17% and our legal limit is 35...i agree with it being retarded for letting you be able to 100% tint the back if you want and the fronts only (in my case) 35%...
                03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
                92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
                92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

Originally posted by festiva351w View Post
                  i believe that the 35% is actually a federal law, i've been stopped a few times here in ny, and got a cpl of tickets, some towns are more pricky about it than others
                  its not a fedral law...

here is a good reference
                  http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

lol...my Dad totally has a lead foot, but never gets pulled over! He is the ONLY person who I ride with that doesn't scare me when he goes fast or drives like a maniac lol!
                    She leaves her footprints in the sand...HKV!
                    Tiffany Litke :angel13:

Comment

^^^ How often does he drive on fumes?
                      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                      Your holy ghost will not save you.
                      Your God plutonium will not save you.
                      In fact...
                      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        ^^^ How often does he drive on fumes?
                        That part is connected to the lead foot lol

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                        92 GL - parts car
                        97 aspire - parts car
                        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Glad you did not get a ticket , I am glad they changed the laws on tint here in Ill.
                          ------------------------------------------------
                          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

The cop told me that window tint basically give them resonable cause to stop people and check for any "other" problems.
                            Glad you didn't get a ticket

I always though 35% was the limit in Ohio. They must have changed it recently.

If I did get stopped, my window is only being rolled down 1" to be able to hand over identification. I will refuse any kind of search of my vehicle. Also, never admit your guilt, even if you know you are guilty. You'll have a better chance in court to defend your case.

Comment

Pa tint laws suck... Ours is 70% here, which is practically clear. I ran 15% on my Festivas and only had 1 cop that hassled me for it. He gave me a fix it ticket, so I went to the JY and pulled a set of windows, swapped them in, had the ticket signed, and then swapped my tinted windows back in.

He pulled me over again a few days later and said "Didn't I just receive your signed fix it ticket?". He threatened me with a $500 fine, but never received it.
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

thats why all my cars are fishbowling it.
                                05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Working...
                                X