No announcement yet.

must read if you hate haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In defense of fellow Mustang (or any American muscle) lovers...........don't blame the car, blame that MORON'S parents for not teaching him manners, social etiquette or respect for others. You can also blame society for allowing such attitudes and persona to become acceptable. He obviously doesn't understand the laws of Physics any better than the English language. You know he probably acts the same way when he's not even in his car. It's sad that Mustangs have come to attract so many of that sort of people. It makes it frustrating for people like me (a 42yr old gear-head and Ford fanatic) who want to own and drive such cars because we appreciate them for what they are and what they were. I don't even like driving my '04 GT down town on a Saturday night because of the same thing. Every stop light I have some idiot kid, who watched "Fast & Furious" too many times and believes it's realistic, pull up to me with another Mustang or a Camaro, Neon, Eclipse or Civic and rev his engine. They think that just because I drive a Mustang I'm going to race to the next stop light. If I really wanted to risk a ticket or endanger myself and others in a street race, I wouldn't do it in a 260hp/3400Lb Mustang. And, I certainly won't do it when I still owe $10K on it. I already have to pay high dollar insurance just because of idiots like that guy who drive the same car I do and wreck them.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Sounds like the guy who made the CL ad needs to grow up also.
      96 Pontiac Firehawk # 48.. 383 stroker
      81 Buick Regal Limited
      65 Chevrolet Corvar Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
        In defense of fellow Mustang (or any American muscle) lovers...........don't blame the car, blame that MORON'S parents for not teaching him manners, social etiquette or respect for others. You can also blame society for allowing such attitudes and persona to become acceptable. He obviously doesn't understand the laws of Physics any better than the English language. You know he probably acts the same way when he's not even in his car. It's sad that Mustangs have come to attract so many of that sort of people.
        Its not just Mustangs - the hot rod crowd is the same in certain circles - bikes are the same way. There are many good guys that own and drive these cars but unfortunately theres more idiots that give the bad wrap and set a bad image
        I get idiots like that with the festiva as well - just because you have a tach and hood pins neons think you want to race

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Festiva owners deffinitely deserve more credit then we currently get, it seems that the people in the tuner world as well as the muscle world see a small car and automatically mark it as a worthless tin can, little do they know quite a few of these cars pack a huge punch and can lay rubber and run down the track with the best of them, unfortunately this will probably never change but its still fun to see peoples reactions when they see what a festy can do with a little time, research and some ingenuity.
          It's not the size that counts....It's how you use it.

90 L 5spd- BP project
          90 L auto-rusted out and wrecked used as a parts shed
          89 LX auto- sold to a friend
          89 L 4spd- Gave to cousin as a first car

95 Honda Civic EX
          99 Jeep Cherokee SE
          07 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
          07 GSX-R 600 K7

Comment

Working...
          X