No announcement yet.

I bought the '88 with 17k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry 'bout that, I thought I had done that. I'm in Reno, NV, it should be fixed now. Thanks about the pic size, too. I was saving them too large, that's why I couldn't get them to post.

Scott

Comment

That car looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. I'd love to have one as clean and shiny as yours.

Also, I agree with the others. The side moulding would look great on this car. On later models, I could see it looking sweet removed, but it just kinda completes the 88LX look.

-Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

OK, someone school me here....

What's the deal with the square master cylinder reservoir? (That's pretty cool) All the ones I've ever seen are round.

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

dang! that looks good, and you got it with a 1.6 ++. That weather looks so amazing i live in pa and swear i im designed for dry heat i hate snow and cold!
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
            OK, someone school me here....

What's the deal with the square master cylinder reservoir? (That's pretty cool) All the ones I've ever seen are round.

the one im using from the egt is square too hmm?
            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

That car is sweet. It looks brand new...

Comment

Why doesn't it have a storage bin under the center of the dash? I do love that color.
                96 Pontiac Firehawk # 48.. 383 stroker
                81 Buick Regal Limited
                65 Chevrolet Corvar Monza 140hp

Comment

The storage bin wasn't there, it's not really an LX...... Festiva GTX built the mechanical end of it (Senior Member here), and I got it second hand after that. I found a couple of bins at the junkyard, but they're either trashed, or the wrong color, or both. (Like brown, cracked, etc.) I think they want too much for that stuff, too.

Trust me, it was a LOT rougher looking, this is two weeks of polishing to get it this nice. : )

There are a couple of other mods, 5 speed tranny ('cause it's NOT an LX), electric fuel pump, stuff like that. I put a full-size factory 12" spare tire in the hole, scored it at the local junkyard. (Matches the factory mags.) The factory speakers were rotten, I put similar/same size ones in that work fine, especially with my iPod.

I'm taking off for a 1,500 mile-ish trip in it later this week. Much pictures to follow, going to get one driving through a 'drive thru' Redwood tree. : )

Comment

^ Yeah, I was just going to say an LX but none of the LX trim options (door panels, seats, center console, side mirrors, etc.) Very clean car though!

Are you passing by Sacramento?
                    Last edited by perucho; 02-15-2010, 10:56 PM.
                    Oscar

Comment

Naw, I'm going north through Susanville, CA, then from Redding, to Eureka and up the coast. From there we're going north into Oregon. Reversal of course home. It's between 1,100 and 1,500 miles, depending on how much driving around I do once on the coast.

Comment

Yeah, I was figuring on entering FOTM with some of the coastal/redwood pics. We'll see.

Comment

so who put the 1.6 in it ? it obviosuly didnt come like that ?
                          05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Originally posted by fattie View Post
                            so who put the 1.6 in it ? it obviosuly didnt come like that ?
                            well..... it came that way for him....lol
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Right. Festiva GTX did the install, he's filled me in on much of the details. He kind of did the 1.6 swap and the 5 speed, then sold it. ( To a guy who kept it less than a week then sold it to me--SCORE!!) The interior, although pretty nice, was dirty and smelled like an ashtray. That was a day of shampooing and washing, and a week of drying out. Then came the exterior. All of the 'pinstripes' had been peeled, leaving glue residue, and the clearcoat had gone bad on much of the paint.

I sanded/polished the paint for almost a week before I noticed any improvement. The paint is precariously thin now. : )

The 1.6 runs like crazy, I LOVE it!! My wife used to have a 1.8 MGB, which seemed pretty sporty. This would run circles around it.

So, if you have any engine/tranny swap questions, I'd direct them to Festiva GTX. He seems to be pretty handy at working on Festivas.

Scott

Comment

Scott, I havent forgot about the molding, just been busy. Ill let you know soon.
                                sigpic
                                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                                X