With deepest regret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With deepest regret

I have just been informed that Dean (V8festiva) has passed away last night. He will truley be missed by the Festiva community. Dean was the guy that started Festiva Madness. I don't have any details other then they think it was a massive heart attack. My deepest sympathy goes out to Barb and Deans family. We will miss you brother.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

My THOUGHTS and PRAYERS will be with his family.

'89 Ford Festiva LX :fred:
    '12 Ford Focus

Comment

Sad news. Real sad.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

This is truly truly sad. I just spoke with him for quite awhile on Friday and was really looking forward to getting a chance to meet him down at Sunshine meet. Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for his family. He will be very missed by everyone.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I never met Dean but still had the highest regards for him. my thoughts and prayers are with his family.
          ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
          #2 .....Cheesehead
          #3 '91 White - Donor Car
          #4 .....Montana Project
          SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
          Bought her back for $450
          Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

We are Diminished, but his power goes on.
            I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

I'll second that, 25HP...Dean was a good a man as I've ever known, filled with love and understanding. My heart goes out to Barb and all the rest of Dean's family. As I typed that phrase "Dean's family", I think he would have included every member of this website....if you loved Festivas, Dean loved you.

I was fairly new member here and read about last year's Ohiostiva meet approaching. Dean and Barb opened their house and hearts to me and made sure I didn't make that trip alone. It was through their kindness I met so many of you here.

Please keep all of us updated on arrangements and if there's anything that can be done to help, let us know.
              1989 Red L- The Baron
              www.letstalkbeatles.com
              Link to Baron Pics:
              http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
              1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

My sympathy and heart goes out to his family. Obviously, he will be missed.

Comment

i just gotta call from pu241 and told me the horrible news...ive never met him but was looking forward to. IM SO SORRY!! and mt DEEPEST thoughts and SYMPATHY goes out to him and his family!!

Comment

Very sad news! I met Dean at Ohiostiva a couple years ago but he was the type of person you felt you knew for a lot longer. Great guy....I hope that his family can get through this. He will be missed! RIP Dean.
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Dean loved all his Festiva brothers & sisters and held you all in the highest regards. Always willing to reach out & help, always willing to lend a hand, always willing to laugh... that was Dean.

We will miss him awfully, but we will always honor who he was and how he lived.
                      Rest in peace, my brother...

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                      In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Very sad. My best to his family! Never met him but always offered a hand. Will be missed!
                        The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
                        1988 LX ~sold~
                        1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
                        2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
                        1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
                        2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Comment

You have my deepest sympathy and prayers Barb and family. So sorry to hear.

Comment

Im in total shock I had just met dean and hung out at his place during FM3 he was such an awesome genuine guy and I was really looking forward to talking to him at the sunshine meet, my thoughts are with Barb and the rest of deans family as well i wish i had another chance to talk with dean

I'm very happy I got to meet one of the few genuine caring people in this world

His spirit will live on
                            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Great man who will be missed. My thoughts go out to his family.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X