No announcement yet.

With deepest regret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even know what to say.... Dean will be missed terribly! Please keep Barbara and his family in your thoughts and prayers!

If there was ever a Festiva flag, it would be flying half staff today!
    Last edited by Britstiva; 03-14-2010, 12:03 PM.
    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
    Snoopy's
    4621 Atlantic Ave
    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

I wish I had gotten to know Dean better. Only met him twice. Anything we can do for you Barb let us know.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Words cannot describe how deeply Dean will be missed. My thoughts and prayers got out to Barb, and their family. Dean loved everybody. We can all thank him for bringing us as close as we are. I'm glad I got meet and spend time with the most festiva influential person ever.
        Last edited by eurotiva; 03-14-2010, 12:13 PM.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I don't even know where to begin. So sad, Dean was one of the best, most giving people I have ever met. He will be so greatly missed. Other than phone calls and PMs, I only met him at FM3 last year, but he was a great guy. I agree with Britstiva, the Festiva Flags should definitely be at half mast.

Smedley, if there's anything, anything I can do, just say the word. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
            Great man who will be missed. My thoughts go out to his family.
            I agree, I never got to meet Dean, but talked to him through PM's a few times. He will be missed by us all, Rest in Peace Dean.
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

dean

rip

Comment

It is sad to hear when anyone dies, but the way he helped this community, this is especially tragic. RIP Dean.
                Last edited by doylerl; 03-14-2010, 12:51 PM.
                The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

I also never got the chance to meet Dean, but i know how big a part of this community he was. he will be missed. RIP

Comment

I'm still in shock. I was still sleeping when John called me. (I work night shift). I met Dean, Barb and the rest of their family at FM3. Very wonderful people.
                    My heart goes out to Barb (Smedley) and their family. Dean was one of the nicest people I've met. Barb, if I can help in any way , please let me know.
                    Dean will be greatly missed.
                    Last edited by Team Lightning; 03-14-2010, 01:10 PM.
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I'm sorry
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Is there a fund for his family? Maybe a procession of Festivas? If I can help, I will! RIP V8Festiva, I'm sorry I never got the chance to see ya.
                        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I never met him or even talked to him, but from reading his posts he sounded like a great guy who would always help out a fellow Festiva Brother or Sister.
                          RIP Dean
                          '90 LX

Comment

RIP Dean. you will be missed.
                            1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                            1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                            1983 Chevy Elcamino
                            1993 Ford Festiva GL
                            2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                            some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

R.I.P. Dean

I spoke with him last week about some parts he had and the fun he was having finding parts for others and yes when you spoke to him it was like you were old buds.

Dean, your voice is silent but the spirit lives on.

Our Sympathy to the Familly
                              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about this loss to his family and our festiva community. I was planning in April on picking up a brake swap that he had pulled for me and he offered to let me and my wife stay at his house so that we could take a vacation in Myrtle Beach.
                                I only spoke with him through a few PM's but from what I have seen on this site he was a great man and he will be missed by many.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Working...
                                X