Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what caught my eye while driving around town (big pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got off the phone with the owner of the Festivas. Seems like a pretty nice guy. He said he don't want to sell anything and he's using the crusty one for parts. He's had that one since it was new. There are no other Festivas on the property, and between himself and his son they have 7 total.

Sorry b if I burst your bubble.

Comment

Hey Russ were you laying yours back to rest or what? Noticed it moved outback. I am still interested if you change your mind.
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Holy crap. That sucks and is cool at the same time.

Did you tell him about the site? I wouldnt mind meeting him. A local festiva farmer!
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
          Hey Russ were you laying yours back to rest or what? Noticed it moved outback. I am still interested if you change your mind.
          Just got it out of the way for now. I got a 1973 Bronco frame and running gear,(less engine), that's rediding in the garage. Don't know what I'm gonna do with the frame yet. If it hadn't been previously stretched for a 1966 Mustang body I could consider a 4X4 Festiva truck. Of course if it's been stretched then I suppose it could be shortened...hmmm....

Brad. Yea, I told him about the site. He seemed kinda interested. We'll see if he checks it out. I think we talked for over half an hour about Festivas....LOL.
          Last edited by lessersivad; 05-10-2010, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Did the 73 bronco/66mustang happen to belong to dave thompson? I know he had something like that.

We honestly thought either nobody lived in that house or maybe some old lady had her husband pass away or something. Ive never seen another vehicle there, just the two festivas next to the barn. There isnt even a driveway. And the house is OLD, lol.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Did the 73 bronco/66mustang happen to belong to dave thompson? I know he had something like that.
              Yup, Dave had the rig out to his house and he took the Mustang body off the frame. We did some swapping and I got the frame/running gear.

How do you know Dave?

Comment

great story/find nice investigation work !
                93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Working...
                X