No announcement yet.

Well it happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you pull the connectors, and verify that there is no corrosion underneath, between them and the battery posts? By jumping, you basically bypassed that internal connection. As to why that one jump fixed it, who knows? Maybe the gremlins are less angry now.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

i carry my tools with me where ever i go i bought a alt battery metter with lights from harbor freight and a regular volt meter and so far as u describe it sound like the fuse link wire are bad its nice all u guys told me about the fuses i actally had some and i installed them and now my heads light etc all work but the only bad part i had to rewire the radio but been having the issue since i took the old one out
      FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Originally posted by 1988redfordfestiva View Post
        i carry my tools with me where ever i go i bought a alt battery metter with lights from harbor freight and a regular volt meter and so far as u describe it sound like the fuse link wire are bad its nice all u guys told me about the fuses i actally had some and i installed them and now my heads light etc all work but the only bad part i had to rewire the radio but been having the issue since i took the old one out
        A boy scout! Huzzah!
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by donkjc2 View Post
          It started only after I jumped it with the wife's van. I have know idea what happened. It is running fine now though. It has always fired right up, for some reason it was just dead.
          UFOs will do that.
          Is that someone there ??? 1981 VW diesel pickup---1988.5 Suzuki Samurai tin top---1993 Festiva---1974 Bricklin SV-1 ( very thirsty basket case)---2003 Tracker(bells and whistles)

)

Comment

Working...
          X