Hey - highmileage guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey - highmileage guys!

I saw this on CNN. They want to see pics of cars with 200K plus miles. There's not a Festiva in the bunch that's already posted. Scitzz, 5.0zone where are you? I know some others have more than that too. yelo-festiva, aren't you over 300K? Most of my cars are in the 150-175k range, so I can't post, but we need to put at least a couple of Festivas on their story. Don't forget to say what great gas mileage you get too!

1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
    1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
    Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
    website www.festivamadness.com

Have to go check that out. My "low mileage" Festiva has 236K. Nowhere near Scitzz, or 5.0, but pretty respectable. I think.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Wish I still had my Volvo 740... that thing had 366,000 miles on it when I sold it. 90% original parts too!

-Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Mine is 231k. Yelofestiva is 365k when we left for fm3 so i'm sure it's more by now.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Ok I got the pictures for them, I will upload them tonight and give them a story on my 88L. It's got a 250,953 on it. Nowhere near Skitzz and John's car but getting there. Thanks for the info Smedley, it will be fun to see what they do with all the information.

Wish I still had my older 85 Suburban, it had 395,000 plus miles on it when I finally retired it and got my 89 Sub.
          Last edited by kartracer46; 03-25-2010, 02:45 PM.
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Heck my Mustang has over 235k on it. These days i don't think it's hard to come by.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

My yellow '90 (4DL8LY) is at 375k- I wish I could post pictures.
              186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
              1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
              1992 aqua L (agua)
              1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

My Mustang has 206K on it. 200,000 miles is nothing these days.
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

369k miles

Your right Barb my yellow 90 lx is at 369k and counting. I'm the original owner and It's 90% original, never been into the engine, well valve cover gasket, original clutch, starter, transmission, front wheel bearings, heck it's still got the original a/c compressor and r-12 freon. Oh and by the way Greg it still has the under seat tray. My only trick is oil and filter every 3k miles. Has had timing belt change every 60k. The best part I like is 40mpg for all those miles. That car has paid for itself a couple times over. I'll take some pics this weekend and post them on that site you listed.

Hope all is well wirh you and your family, we are still lifting you up in prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by yelo festiva View Post
                    Your right Barb my yellow 90 lx is at 369k and counting. I'm the original owner and It's 90% original, never been into the engine, well valve cover gasket, original clutch, starter, transmission, front wheel bearings, heck it's still got the original a/c compressor and r-12 freon. Oh and by the way Greg it still has the under seat tray. My only trick is oil and filter every 3k miles. Has had timing belt change every 60k. The best part I like is 40mpg for all those miles. That car has paid for itself a couple times over. I'll take some pics this weekend and post them on that site you listed.
                    Quite impressive. Not only the car, but the fact that you were able to safeguard that under seat tray during madness.
                    Proper maintenance FTW!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by yelo festiva View Post

Hope all is well wirh you and your family, we are still lifting you up in prayer.
                      Thanks Steve. Think of all that money you've saved, not only in gas savings, but car pmts and everything else. You must have a padlock on that under seat tray!

When I read that, my first thought was, how come there were no Festiva's posted? I knew there were a lot of 200K+ cars on this site.
                      1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                      1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                      Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                      website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

I'll have to send them pics of my F-Superduty rollback. It had 399k on the odometer when it stopped working so it's well over 400k now.

My Festy is sitting on 196525 right now so it'll be about a month before it qualifies

Although IIRC I think about 5 or more of the other Festies we have now are clocking over 200k on them. I'll check and get a tally this weekend.
                        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                        Zulu Ministries

Comment

My white one had around 300k on it (Qroger now owns it), and the hulk had about 200k on it
                          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I'll take pics of Hulks odometer if you want to send it and pics of the car to that site :thumbright:
                            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                            Zulu Ministries

Comment

I'd tried entering my dad's 91 but I don't have a pic of the odometer. Mine is nowhere close.
                              91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
                              X