Might be getting an Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be getting an Egg

So, I driving home from work yesterday, minding my own business, when I happen upon a big oil slick in the road, and an Aspire sitting on the shoulder, with bad stuff sticking through the oil pan. Otherwise, the car is in really good shape. So, being the rank opportunist that I am, I stopped and left a note with my phone number and an offer for the car. If they decided not to fix it, I would take it. Got a call today from the wife, who is all over selling the car and getting rid of it. Hubby's not convinced yet. Says he wants his mechanic to look it over, and tell him what it needs. Um, the rods sticking out of the oil pan kind of tell me it needs a new engine.

Anyway, if they take my offer, I'll be the proud (?) owner of my first Aspire. Course, I'm just going to strip some stuff off of it, and probably scrap whatever is left.

Oh, and Dan and Angela (Littlebluecar), the egg is a nice, pretty shade of red, with no front end damage, so if you want them, the hood and bumper cover are yours. Assuming I get the car.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

mmm....somebody found a swap. Must have been near a BP station....LOL

Cool find, Hope hubby has enough sense to let it go.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

The only thing better would be if that brake swap broke down in front of your house!

"Here, let me help you push that into my driveway where it will be safe..."

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^^ It's as close as I am likely to get to that. About 5 miles from my house.

Comment

Keep it and fix it. Then you can be "Batspire" too. :razz:
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

what year is it man, if its a 94-95 I'll take the body man! 2 or 4 door? either way I don't care! I need a clean shell...
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

9-95 is obd1. Easy motor swap.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

quit encouraging him!

I want a clean shell for my egg so I can turn spike into a truck!
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

Egg's make for great engine haulers :lol: the slope of the hatch is perfect for using a cherry picker to lift engines in and out of them

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                    mmm....somebody found a swap. Must have been near a BP station....LOL.
                    :laughing3:
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                      mmm....somebody found a swap. Must have been near a BP station....LOL
                      Ha ha, I knew somebody from the NC get together was going to go there.

Few more details. 95, 2 door, cracked windshield (doesn't really matter to me, but it's something else for hubby to think about having to fix), fairly low miles, not that it matters when pieces of the engine are sticking out of the pan. Front bumper cracked, all four tires are like new. Manual tranny has not gone into 5th gear in several months. Hubby wants to price an engine+tranny swap, and windshield replacement before he will sell it to me. Think it's in the bag tho, he says if it's going to cost more than 300 bucks to get it fixed, he's not doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                        he says if it's going to cost more than 300 bucks to get it fixed, he's not doing it.
                        Then i think it's safe to say, congrats on the new purchase!!! :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Is he planning to get everything from a JY? if not he's going to pay that much just for the windshield...safelite has a clear windshield for 275 installed and that's "pre-tax and disposal fee".

so yeah, congrats
                          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

awesome, remember, I'm looking for a shell

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                              awesome, remember, I'm looking for a shell
                              I'll keep you in mind. Like I said, the front bumper cover is cracked on the bottom edge, and there are a couple of dimples in the hood (hail damage, maybe??) Other than that, it's straight, rust free, and its suspension will look much better on my car. When I get it here, I'll post up some pics. If Dan and Angela end up not opting for the hood, then the shell will probably be yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X