No announcement yet.

I'll have what he's Smoking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4k can buy me a whole fleet of festys, or it can get my wife the cruiser she wants

Comment

if it was pristine and he financed it I would entertain the idea. Especially if there was some sort of warranty.

Batstiva, your mission is to find me a $500 Festiva or Aspire (prefer egg). Should you choose to accept this mission the reward will be one used but in good working condition 94 Aspire 5 speed trans and semi used clutch kit, and the $500 for the car.

This Post will self destruct in 10 seconds... 9... 8... 7...
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

My Festiva was $4900 NEW FROM FORD. What's going through this guy's head?
        John

91L 5-speed, RIP
        89L 4-speed, teal/white
        http://johnriederer.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jriederer View Post
          My Festiva was $4900 NEW FROM FORD. What's going through this guy's head?
          "but it gets 50mpg it will pay for it's self in a matter of months" I've had a lot experience with these kinda dealers

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
          92 GL - parts car
          97 aspire - parts car
          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
            if it was pristine and he financed it I would entertain the idea. Especially if there was some sort of warranty.

Batstiva, your mission is to find me a $500 Festiva or Aspire (prefer egg). Should you choose to accept this mission the reward will be one used but in good working condition 94 Aspire 5 speed trans and semi used clutch kit, and the $500 for the car.

This Post will self destruct in 10 seconds... 9... 8... 7...
            Accepted. Assuming you would prefer FI over Carb on the stiva, correct? And first gen Aspire over the later ones? Preference on 2 door or 4 door egg?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I just don't get it. How out of touch can a person be on value of things? Even when everyone was panicing back in 08 at $5 bucks a gallon, uber-nice festys where only selling for 2.5K (I know because I sold one for 2.9K) and that was too much IMHO (though I took it)...

Just dumb....

I picked up a nice 93 teal green 5-spd L with 89K, zero rust western car for less than a 1/4th that amount recently.

I sure hope no one is that stupid to pay that.

FX
              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
                I sure hope no one is that stupid to pay that.
                Somebody will be. I've noticed almost all the small car lots here in Canton have one price they sell all their cars at. Makes the contracts easy to recite I guess, but $4000 for a 93 S-10 or whatever is just too much money.
                John

91L 5-speed, RIP
                89L 4-speed, teal/white
                http://johnriederer.blogspot.com

Comment

bastiva, If its a festiva I don't care really as long as its a 5 speed. An aspire I'd prefer 5 speed 94-95 2 door or a 97 any # of doors. The Festiva would turn into a DD as would the 97, but a 94 - 95 would be the lucky recipient of my V6 Stuff and Modified Interior, and I would make spike into a winter truck.

Oh and < 500 would be good too.
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

lol, i saw the little mention of me...
                    car dealers over price stuff in ala too.
                    the first car i bought was a 84 fiero.lol
                    guy wanted 1500 down, with 300 month for a total of 4995!
                    only had car till it was stolen.(week after i got it)
                    full coverage paid for it!
                    so i didnt get ripped too bad
                    93L sold. First FESTY!
                    91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                    91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                    89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                    93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                    89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                    93GL Sold Too Soon!
                    91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

^^ was it at least the GT V6?

Facebook Me!

Comment

84 didnt come in a v6 gt package. that was 85-88
                        93L sold. First FESTY!
                        91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                        91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                        89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                        93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                        89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                        93GL Sold Too Soon!
                        91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Working...
                        X