No announcement yet.

Toyota IQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think geo metro's cost around 8k new back in the day, I haven't looked for what festiva's cost. and for what you can buy them for these days it would never be worth buying a new "smart" sized car.
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

$6259 new for my 1991
      John

91L 5-speed, RIP
      89L 4-speed, teal/white
      http://johnriederer.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by walth View Post
        interesting. the rear ends on the cygnet and the IQ look kinda alike. looks good
        They are actually the same car. The Cygnet is just an iQ with nicer interior and some changes to the exterior body panels. And double the price.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by jriederer View Post
          wow that's great!!

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          They are actually the same car. The Cygnet is just an iQ with nicer interior and some changes to the exterior body panels. And double the price.
          awesome, I'm glad I was right. In that case, they look identical in the rear. I haven't looked back to see but I'm sure the front ends are different in the looks department in most respects.
          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

The Scion is scheduled for release in the 2011 model year. It will have a 1.3 litre engine and a CVT transmission. The back seats are useless. The price is too high. I will stick with my Festiva. I sure hope they don't trash the Kia tooling. The tenth anniversary of service is coming up in September. The Pride body panels are a match to the Festiva. I always wondered if you could buy an entire shell.

From the 2010 New York Auto Show, Cars.com's Joe Wiesenfelder takes a look at the 2011 Scion iQ.

Comment

It's like a shortened Yaris HB. Very cool little car, but everyone here is right, the festiva is a far better deal. It's sad, but new cars have been purposely designed to fail and/or cost a small fortune to fix if damaged--and it doesn't take much to damage one (backing into a post at 3 MPH for example) A bumper skirt for any 2000-2010 Toyota would cost as much as a good running festiva.

Once products were designed to win over the disersive customer, now they're designed to NOT last or require the dumbed down customer to replace or bring in for work.

All that said, I love Toyotas (the 80's T4wd is the 2nd best car ever built) but I refuse to become a slave corporate money making schemes.

FX
              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I would NOT want to be in that backseat in a rearend collision! Any body back there is sitting almost directly against the hatch. I thought it was a 2 seater until I saw they actually got 2 people into the back! :p
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Im still going with my festiva. Only cost me 35 dollars and a pack of smokes. Cant beat that.

Comment

Yeah, the hybrid CR-Z sucks up gas too! I heard a hybrid Fit is coming soon..but since it is the same drivetrain as the Insight and same weight I see no reason it will better the Insights mileage. Lexus is coming out with a new hybrid compact in 2011 it is smaller than the hybrid they came out with last year.

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    The Scion iQ is slated to get the 1.5 motor if it comes here. Hwy mileage in the high 30s probably. Very cute, slightly more useful than a Smart car, but a Festy does far more for a total investment of far less--witl mileage as good as the iQ or better, no matter what motor you swap into it. I still vote Festy.

Comment

Originally posted by schads View Post
                      Im still going with my festiva. Only cost me 35 dollars and a pack of smokes. Cant beat that.
                      Hey I didn't know you were on here! I didn't know you were still messin with your festiva. Sweet.

Comment

Working...
                      X