No announcement yet.

V8 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i miss it. It was such a unique car. I basically sold it to fund the body work and paint on my Mustang. I'll post pics once that's all done but it'll probably be late summer before that happens.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

XR4Ti's are sick nasty

too bad you had to get rid of it.
      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

:cry:

Comment

I have a '71 Pinto Runabout that my best friend and I did a 289/C4 swap to when we were in high school. Actually it was a real easy swap, since I had a lot of parts from V8 Mustang II's laying around. If you use the Mustang II oil pan, pick-up tube, flex plate, torque converter and bell housing it fits like factory. The radiator support is the only thing you really have to re-work.
          Early Ranger V8 swaps are pretty reasonable, and my dad had a '74 Ford Courier with a 351W/AOD swap. He used the chassis from the Mazda version that came with a Rotary. The frame rails are wider and the Rotary rear end is almost as heavy as a 9". Plus, they had 4.10 gears from the factory.

I always liked the first and second gen RX7/small block swap as well. Just some ideas.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Now THIS is just cool..............

I had a "swapped" RX4 4-door like this when I was 15, except mine had a 2.3L Pinto motor. I had planned on upgrading it to a 2.3L Turbo out of a '79 Mustang Pace Car, but I sold it to buy a '77 Mustang II V8 with T-Tops.

My dad also had a '74 RX4 GTS 2-door coupe in the late '70s. It was a light roll-over that he bought as a rebuilder. It only had 20K miles and was a beautiful gold color with black rocker panel stripes. I've never seen another one like it. He rebuilt it like new and was going to give it to my sister to drive. Unfortunately, the first time he drove it he decided it was too much car for her and sold it to his brother-in-law who wrapped it around a pole after a few months.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Beautiful car

Comment

I almost got into a 350 swap when I had my '85 rx-7 a few years ago, but got back into the festiva again. I love all the old rx cars, especially rx-3's

I would kill for one of these.

Comment

^^ Gotta love a car that looks like it doing 100mph sittin still :thumbup:
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

Man i would kill for those rims on my Festiva. I searched everywhere for a set to go on my Merkur but ended up with some '80s Saleen basket weaves that never made their way on. They're way too big for the Festiva unless i tub it :lol:

Comment

I would love to get a pantera detamaso....they are sweet lookig cars. I would ride around and blast my Pantera CD lol.
                      Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Panteras are my dream car...literally. If i could have any car on Earth it would be my dream built '85 Pantera GT5....i can't make enough drool smilies to show my lust for those cars.

Comment

wow. I never knew these existed.

Too bad people want 40-60k for them. Here are a few on CL now. I like it like it liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikeee itt!! :happy2:

Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Originally posted by walth View Post
                            wow. I never knew these existed.

Too bad people want 40-60k for them. Here are a few on CL now. I like it like it liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikeee itt!! :happy2:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1669677269.html
                            When they were new, you could walk into a Ford dealership and order one for as little as $8500.00 (not cheap back then though). They had the reputation of being able to out accelerate anything on the highway without even down shifting. If that wasn't enough for you, Paxton had a supercharger kit for them.

That 2nd one isn't a Pantera. It's a dress up option for the Dodge Omni 024. A sport version of Dodge's little econobox.

Last edited by JPT; 04-10-2010, 10:18 AM.
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                            X