Ford Trasnsit Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Trasnsit Connect

My latest review vehicle was a 2010 Ford Transit Connect. What a cool van! You could almost get a Festiva in the back, although it's a bit short, and the payload is 1,600 lbs. Anyway, just thought I'd share with other Ford fans.

Subcompact Culture features content about small cars, trucks, SUVs, and CUVs including reviews, editorials, travel, trends, and lifestyle.
    Subcompact Culture: The Small Car Blog
    Follow me on Twitter!

Those things are weird looking but neat at the same time!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Lately around here, those things are EVERYWHERE! It seems like every business that used to use minivans has one now.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Yeah they're everywhere here too but the crazy part is regular people are driving them.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
          Lately around here, those things are EVERYWHERE! It seems like every business that used to use minivans has one now.
          X2 It seems like every business around here has one.
          '90 LX

Comment

I would drive one....I have seen a few and talked with a few guys that come in to work. There is talk of much better mileage with some tweaks but I am unsure what.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

That thing would make a SWEET mini-motorhome :mrgreen:

Hmmmmmmm :idea:
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

1 mpg better than a sprinter! And half the size! Meh. Hook it up with a turbo diesel and 32 mpg and I'm on board.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Agreed, a Diesel would be sweet! These are cool-looking vans.

These are made in Turkey, and are very cool-looking (çok güzel!). They're actually imported into the US as passenger vans, since the taxes to import passenger vans are less than a cargo van. Then, they are stripped of all the seats and the rear side windows are filled in, making it a cargo van. Strangely enough, the same facility who does this also re-installs the windows and installs new, USA made seats for the passenger models! Apparantly doing all this is actually cheaper than paying the taxes for the passenger model.

I'm sure some of you saw the Top Gear episode, in which the lovely Sabine Schmitz pilots an original Transit around the Nürburgring. It's not the same van, but hey, it's Sabine!

Yeap she's the best, That's for sure. A tribute to Sabine Schmitz and off course the Ford Transit. Taken From Top Gear.X-people
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

I've parked next to them and I wonder if the suspension would swap as well as the front clip and rear bumper they come stock with steelies but if the hubs swap it may be an advantage over the Capri or the aspire swaps because I believe they are four wheel disk

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

that front clip would be pretty cool to swap along with the rear bumper

Comment

i would so drive one too!!

inside

Comment

hood latch

I saw the test drive on TV last night. After searching everywhere, the tester had to look in the user manual to figure out how to open the hood. The front Ford logo swivelled up and a key lock was exposed. Cool.

Comment

Throw a 6 spd auto in there and a small turbo for extra power. Get teh mileage up in the 30's.

Comment

We have four of these where I work. They are part of the fleet I work on. Believe it or not, the biggest complaint I ever got about them, as well as my opinion, too, is the "new car" scent in them is the funkiest one ever. We attribute this smell to the fact they were assembled in Turkey. LOL
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                              88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                              88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                              06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X