Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Met some Festy guys today...... (kind of long winded)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met some Festy guys today...... (kind of long winded)

I actually went out for lunch today so that I could go look for a Festy that a plumber had been telling me about for over a year now. I had looked before but never found it. He came in today and said it was still there and looked like it has still never been moved. It was only a short distance from work so I decided I had to find it.
    I head out and flew down the road to MickyD's so I would have time to look. I pull in and out of the corner of my eye I see this Festy sticking out from behind a car....same color of the car I am supposed to be looking for. I thought...Oh sure, it never moves....sure the guy drives it and will not want to get rid of it. Well I pull forward and the whole car comes into view....plates are from Minnesota...ok, not the same car. I thought ....this is cool....I can see if they know about the site. They were just getting out of the car and I notice a sign on the side of the car that says.... Festiva parts and service.
    I think ...no way, how do we not know this guy? I was not driving my Festy because I am putting a tranny in it so I was in my Bonneville. I roll down the window and I am sure they thought I was crazy at first....I yell...are you serious? They just look at me...I say...you really sell Festiva stuff? I proceed to tell them I am an admin here and ask if they had heard of the site?
    Next thing you know I am parking my car and we are carrying on like most people that drive Festy's.
    They were on their way to do a welding job for some business and they were on the lookout for Festy's along the way. I notice the hitch on the back of their car and they pull a picture up on the phone showing them at a gas station towing another Festy. They said they towed it from Minnesota to Tallahassee. The car they were driving was bought for $100.00 bucks with a supposed bad motor and that they put a battery and gas in it and have been driving it ever since. Been to Florida and back a bunch of times and everywhere else. Got these pics and only one with Denis...(for some reason I look constipated or something...lol). He had another buddy with him...I think his name was Assid and another guy in the back seat that never got out of the car because he was working on stuff in the back seat...lol. The back was sitting really low , said they were loaded with steel for the weld job. Well it was only about a 20 minute meeting but seemed longer....really cool guys. I think Denis said he is on the site as nightcrawler but I can not find the name on here...I will have to ask him next time I talk to him....sorry for the long post...but it was fun....

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

That's "D"!! I met him once! He has a sweet aqua festy with a full white interior, chrome 16" rims, and a bunch of lights on the outside lol, i'll look for pics
    -Josh R

Comment

I met them today too!

They stopped at the pizza place I work at after hearing from someone at Autozone that I had a RWD Turbo Festiva lol.

They were towing a Festiva home with a Festiva

Small world!

Nice guys, I hope they have a safe trip home!

Comment

Originally posted by spiko View Post
        i met them today too!

they stopped at the pizza place i work at after hearing from someone at autozone that i had a rwd turbo festiva lol.

they were towing a festiva home with a festiva

small world!

Nice guys, i hope they have a safe trip home!
        ok ...what!!!
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          ok ...what!!!
          Haha, someone must have been fibbing or really had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently it was one of my "friends" because they knew me by name.

Comment

-Josh R

Comment

Yep "D" , even has that on the card he gave me...lol. He said he sold the car to a friend of his though.
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Originally posted by spiko View Post
                Haha, someone must have been fibbing or really had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently it was one of my "friends" because they knew me by name.
                Ok....I thought you had something to spill...lol. You get any pics of them towing the car? They didn't tell me they were picking one up....unless it was a by chance find.
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                  Ok....I thought you had something to spill...lol. You get any pics of them towing the car? They didn't tell me they were picking one up....unless it was a by chance find.
                  I don't know how they ended up in Parma of all places, but there was a red non-running Festiva on CL for $500. Maybe that's the one they picked up.

I didn't get a chance to take pictures because I was actually at my g/f's house and got a call from a friend at work saying there were some people from MN checking my Festiva out. I don't even want to tell you how many traffic laws I violated speeding over there lol.

Comment

Genevadirt,
                    I think nightclawer is an associate of Britstiva.
                    Denis showed up at one of the Ford Festiva Festival's (Waterford Hills, MI) one year, maybe 2007, not sure.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Britstiva's friend is named gravelcrawler.
                      nightcrawler is someone else.
                      1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                      1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                      Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                      website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Way cool story!
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Smedley View Post
                          Britstiva's friend is named gravelcrawler.
                          nightcrawler is someone else.
                          Sorry, get my crawlers mixed up sometimes!
                          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                          Your holy ghost will not save you.
                          Your God plutonium will not save you.
                          In fact...
                          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Awesome story though. Spontaneous meets are the best.
                            Went all the way to SC and back and the only Festivas I saw were the ones at the meet or in Motoxpress' yard. boo hoo.
                            1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                            1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                            Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                            website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Working...
                            X