Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
    available here due to UV bleaching of the yellow
    Ahhh! Thanks for those pics.. gives me an idea of what I like.
    Carz:
    '09 Ford F-150
    '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
    '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
    225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
    ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

Having owned and modded many Festivas, I can say my favorite mod is.........intermittent wipers.

It might not seem like much, but when it's lightly raining outside, you will be thankful you have them.

That and a passenger mirror. Can't figure out why those weren't stock.

-Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Already want the intermittent wipers, and am thinking of sourcing out a set at my local JY when I can.

I saw your module, but didn't know if it'd work with my stock stick.

So this is all helping me form an idea of what I want to put in. Anyone else have their favourites?
        Carz:
        '09 Ford F-150
        '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL

Comment

Door map pockets, dome light upgrade, motor swap
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Round headlights are a good one too.
            Mechanically, IMO an aspire swap is a must unless you're set on 4x114.3 wheels.

Best thing to do if you need some direction is just go to a show n' shine. There's not going to be anything specific to the Festiva but in a park or lot with 30-100 finished projects of any kind you're bound to find some ideas you like and can adapt to your car.
            Last edited by Tommychu; 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
              But I think I'm gonna trade my festiva for this............................................
              You know, I've been trying to avoid this but everytime I see this picture, it screams that it needs to be said.

Dude, I sure hope that you're referring to the car, otherwise.. :puke:

I know the phrase "train 'em while they're young", but there's no way she's 19. unless that's inches high.

Originally posted by Tommychu
              Round headlights are a good one too.
              Mechanically, IMO an aspire swap is a must unless you're set on 4x114.3 wheels.

Best thing to do if you need some direction is just go to a show n' shine. There's not going to be anything specific to the Festiva but in a park or lot with 30-100 finished projects of any kind you're bound to find some ideas you like and can adapt to your car.
              Round headlights are from the Kia Pride or 121, yes? Anywhere else they can be gotten from?
              Last edited by darrenryall; 04-20-2010, 01:08 AM.
              Carz:
              '09 Ford F-150
              '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL

Comment

Round headlights are a custom install. Some have used the headlight buckets from an early VW Rabbit with good results. If you come to Westiva2010 you'll see lots of different upgrades and options. Littlehoe has round headlights among many other thingsl I've got the euro taillights on mine. I could go on but I think you'll get the point.
                Last edited by fastivaca; 04-20-2010, 08:12 AM.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Having owned and modded many Festivas, I can say my favorite mod is.........intermittent wipers.
                  It might not seem like much, but when it's lightly raining outside, you will be thankful you have them.
                  That and a passenger mirror. Can't figure out why those weren't stock
                  -Tim
                  I wonder why, for such a cheap car, they bothered to make four different taillight versions.

For the intermittent wipers, try to get the variable intermittent ones, like from a gen1 626 or some early 323s too I think. Really came in handy when I drove back from FL in Kittystiva and had EIGHT HUNDRED MILES of solid rain!
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Last Spring I went to training in Utica, NY, and it rained the whole way. I had been (and still have been) too lazy to install intermittants. The rain that trip was mostly just light enough to have to flip the single wipe function every ten to fifteen seconds and drove me nuts. I rarely used the low speed.

So gotta say intermittants are an awesome upgrade, especially the variable ones. But if you can't get them, or get them right away, regular intermittants would still be a Godsend!

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                      I wonder why, for such a cheap car, they bothered to make four different taillight versions.
                      Only two were offered in North America, the smooth and ribbed verisions of the ones with the vertical signal light. The others were offered overseas on Kia Prides and Mazda 121's.

And I have to agree on the intermittent wipers... well worth the upgrade!
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

[QUOTE=darrenryall;327747]You know, I've been trying to avoid this but everytime I see this picture, it screams that it needs to be said.

Dude, I sure hope that you're referring to the car, otherwise.. :puke:

I know the phrase "train 'em while they're young", but there's no way she's 19. unless that's inches high.
                        QUOTE]

Dude that's my DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She wanted a picture with it. She said it's a monster car....LoL
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                          Dude that's my DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She wanted a picture with it. She said it's a monster car....LoL
                          I figured that.. most people don't post pix of kids unless they're family. Just messing with ya..

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                          For the intermittent wipers, try to get the variable intermittent ones, like from a gen1 626 or some early 323s too I think. Really came in handy when I drove back from FL in Kittystiva and had EIGHT HUNDRED MILES of solid rain!
                          Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                          Last Spring I went to training in Utica, NY, and it rained the whole way. I had been (and still have been) too lazy to install intermittants. The rain that trip was mostly just light enough to have to flip the single wipe function every ten to fifteen seconds and drove me nuts. I rarely used the low speed.
                          So gotta say intermittants are an awesome upgrade, especially the variable ones. But if you can't get them, or get them right away, regular intermittants would still be a Godsend!
                          Karl
                          Gen 1 626 covers what years? Just so that we all know what to look for... '88-93 at least I'd expect..

I think the variable intermittents were already on my list of (to gets).. along with a clock.
                          Last edited by darrenryall; 04-20-2010, 03:13 PM.
                          Carz:
                          '09 Ford F-150
                          '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL

Comment

Working...
                          X