No announcement yet.

Why are people so idiotic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can make the trans last. But you have to be conservative.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

A Minority Opinion

I would like to say, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and that you should be strong enough to ignore him. But I don't think you're that strong. In fact, I don't think anyone is.

Every time someone attacks you, a wound is made, just as if he had taken a knife and cut your arm so that it bled. And although you weren't cut with a knife, you did bleed. What else would you call your original post but emotional bleeding? It helps to express your pain and to have friends console you, but just as with any real cut, with real blood, only time will bring relief and eventual healing.

Lots of people have said you should use your anger and frustration as a source of energy, and have fantasized about how you could get back at him in some ultimately satisfying way. But to me all of that only serves to prolong your suffering and delay the healing that will finally end it. For instance, if, as you do your swap, you periodically recall this disrespect and use its unpleasant memory to strengthen your determination, each and every time you do so, you are opening again the original wound. In fact, pushing the analogy to its macabre extreme, at that very moment you are opening an old wound to nourish your anger with your own emotional blood. Best for you and your recovery would be to never think of it again. Of course, at first, that is not possible, but eventually, when enough time has passed, you will forget it and if it should come to mind for some reason, the sting will be gone. That is as it should be.

So what would my advice to you be? I would first say, "Stay away from people with knives." This person's behavior was not that of a friend. I would even say it showed both his own insecurity and his willingness to use you as someone he could punch around to make himself feel more powerful. If a true friend thought you were embarked on a questionable task, rather than attacking you and saying you didn't know what you were doing, he would ask if you were sure of your facts and listen as you explained the basis of your thoughts. If he still disagreed, he might request that you check those facts again since they didn't sound right to him. Then, as your friend, he would have expressed his doubts, asked you to rethink your plan, and left you uninjured, even feeling good that he had taken the time to listen and respond to what you were planning.

Of course, you can't stay away from people with knives; everyone you know has one. I would venture to say, you, yourself, not only have a knife, but have used it many times in the past to harm others. So, if it is impossible to avoid people with knives, what can you do? Avoid people who use their knives to attack you.

One last thing. I truly believe, if you follow this advice long enough, you will develop an inner strength which will allow you to smile as someone like this attacks you and even enjoy watching his frustration build as he realizes he is powerless to do you harm.

John Gunn
      Coronado, CA
      Last edited by JohnGunn; 05-07-2010, 08:15 AM.
      John Gunn
      Coronado, CA

Improving anything
      Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

so you agree with this guy?

Originally posted by mechanicaldj View Post
        so is anyone going to perk up and say the stock tranny will not hold up under the BP's horsepower and torque?
        yeah we all know the strength of the bp but i think mattswabb is a testament to how resilient these transmissions actually can be under the right driving conditions, not that I know him or anything like that but from what I have read hes not had any issues with the tranny and eurotiva was pushing a turbo on the stock tranny at the track...so i do realize that there is that question mark on our stock tranny but that isnt what this thread was referring to, the dude knows nothing about how strong or how weak my tranny was just that it was impossible to perform this swap and that it will never bolt up and blah blah all because hes been working on cars since jesus was born. so yeah i mean this is all about whether the trans would even bolt up, the durability is a whole nother story but im sure he knows nothing of that nature
        91 red l-

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGunn View Post
          I would like to say, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and that you should be strong enough to ignore him. But I don't think you're that strong. In fact, I don't think anyone is.

Every time someone attacks you, a wound is made, just as if he had taken a knife and cut your arm so that it bled. And although you weren't cut with a knife, you did bleed. What else would you call your original post but emotional bleeding? It helps to express your pain and to have friends console you, but just as with any real cut, with real blood, only time will bring relief and eventual healing.

Lots of people have said you should use your anger and frustration as a source of energy, and have fantasized about how you could get back at him in some ultimately satisfying way. But to me all of that only serves to prolong your suffering and delay the healing that will finally end it. For instance, if, as you do your swap, you periodically recall this disrespect and use its unpleasant memory to strengthen your determination, each and every time you do so, you are opening again the original wound. In fact, pushing the analogy to its macabre extreme, at that very moment you are opening an old wound to nourish your anger with your own emotional blood. Best for you and your recovery would be to never think of it again. Of course, at first, that is not possible, but eventually, when enough time has passed, you will forget it and if it should come to mind for some reason, the sting will be gone. That is as it should be.

So what would my advice to you be? I would first say, "Stay away from people with knives." This person's behavior was not that of a friend. I would even say it showed both his own insecurity and his willingness to use you as someone he could punch around to make himself feel more powerful. If a true friend thought you were embarked on a questionable task, rather than attacking you and saying you didn't know what you were doing, he would ask if you were sure of your facts and listen as you explained the basis of your thoughts. If he still disagreed, he might request that you check those facts again since they didn't sound right to him. Then, as your friend, he would have expressed his doubts, asked you to rethink your plan, and left you uninjured, even feeling good that he had taken the time to listen and respond to what you were planning.

Of course, you can't stay away from people with knives; everyone you know has one. I would venture to say, you, yourself, not only have a knife, but have used it many times in the past to harm others. So, if it is impossible to avoid people with knives, what can you do? Avoid people who use their knives to attack you.

One last thing. I truly believe, if you follow this advice long enough, you will develop an inner strength which will allow you to smile as someone like this attacks you and even enjoy watching his frustration build as he realizes he is powerless to do you harm.

John Gunn
          Coronado, CA
          thats deep, although i dont feel that "wounded" by this just more frustrated at the ignorance people can display, I would say this is a little more in depth than this particular situation. However, I definitely can relate this to some other experiences that were more along the lines of what you were describing and yeah like you said I think we all can, despite what we might write here on the forum or convey to others, everyone really has one point or another needed this advice and i dont deny it myself and unless your just lying to yourself I think we all have encountered situations that were in some way upsetting and yeah i think being able to get over it is vital, but i think what most others were saying about using that negative energy for something positive still really seemed like a good idea, i could see how it might be a step back in that youd be bringing up old negativity but if its for the sake of positive motivation then id say everything balances out.
          91 red l-

Comment

I bet a 350 would bolt in.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              I bet a 350 would bolt in.
              A Viper 510 fits right in, so I can't imagine there being any issues with a 350.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Advice is one thing, outright telling them to do something when there are many ways of skinning the cat is another. As posted several times in this thread, a running car shuts 99% of it down. I can see both sides of it however, such as if you have the skills to make a BP mount you have the skills to put a GR25 behind it...that's great if you have the better tranny in hand. If it were me and i didnt have the G series id stick it to the stock transmission and not look back. Both transmissions work and will make the car a fine daily driver.
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

The best response to people like that is NO Response. Live your life and don't worry about what others think. What you know and think about yourself is the important thing.
                  Chuck
                  Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                  If money will fix it, it's not broken
                  91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                  93 GL - Lil Red
                  91 L - Tweetystiva
                  http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                  http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Working...
                  X