Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever researched about importing a Pride/121/Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep me informed
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I have cash for a GTX...
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

While we're on the topic of JDM stuff, I decided if I ever get a minivan it will be one of these:

You know they wanted to use an H in the name instead of the V

Comment

I went to see this car in person today... fantastic condition, doesn't need much to get it looking super pretty!
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
            I went to see this car in person today... fantastic condition, doesn't need much to get it looking super pretty!
            ok...I give...what car?
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the law forbids imports less than 25 years old.

However, if you get a LHD car that looks like anything "normal," and you could figure out a way around VIN numbers...

If you used the original VIN, all you'd have is paperwork from the shipping company, which would tip off your state's BMV that it is an import, and then they'd look up the law, etc.

You'd have to "match" it to an existing U.S. car for best results, I suppose.

The best way to do that would be to stick with LHD two door hatchback Festivas, 121s or Prides. Four doors and sedans would be sketchy, since the body style is recorded.

Just some ideas!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                ok...I give...what car?
                The one that Kofkof posted pictures of haha.
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Wow after seeing those interior picks I am really going to have to look around here to see what I can find. Those door panals alone look so much better than what is in the states. Since they drive lhd over here in Germany hopefully the dash isnt like the ones in the states.

Comment

Good luck finding any older cars in Japan. The older the car gets, the more it costs to register and get inspected. Perfectly good cars get scrapped because of the costs. Most cars on the road are less than 10 yrs old. Not to mention there is so little space there, people don't have anywhere to park a car they don't use on a regular basis. When you rent an apartment you also need to rent a parking space. Most people don't own cars there, you really don't need one, it is a luxury.
                    '90 EFI Auto Festiva "The Red Racket"

Comment

Well im in Germany so wont have to worry about getting a car from Japan...

Comment

Working...
                      X