Glow-in-the-Dark Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow-in-the-Dark Paint

Just thought it was sweet. It glows for 12 HOURS. That is ridiculous. I'd love to paint my wheels with it but its pretty expensive and I don't think the cops around here would like it that much.

Here's the paint, those rims were painted with something different from Germany.
    Bright glow in the dark paint by Techno Glow for indoor and outdoor use. Multi purpose phosphorescent & UV acrylic paint with the longest glow.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

if it didnt cost a wack load to buy the paint i would love to paint a car in that stuff even the underside of it so it would glow from the under side lol....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

That's my next set of wheels.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I love it - accents and wheels would look awesome

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

WOW! That's amazing!!! Paint has sure come along ways! I have a buddy who is a tattooist and has some black light UV tattoo ink. Not sure about it myself, as im not sure its good under the skin, but sure is neat!

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            if it didnt cost a wack load to buy the paint i would love to paint a car in that stuff even the underside of it so it would glow from the under side lol....
            If I were to do that I would leave the hood black, can you imagine your depth perception if you had a big glowing hood on your car?
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

I hadn't given the depth perception much thought, but now that you mention it that would really suck..... If business picks up I may paint my next project with that 24+ green paint (at least partially) imagine when people passed you on the road, they'd have to do a double take in the middle of the night....
              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
              89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
              Projects in the works:
              84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

My friend had something like that mixed in the paint on his prelude. It wouldn't glow that bright but you could notice it.
                Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

LOL I too was gonna paint my whole car in this stuff. This stuff has been around for years. A buddy of mine had an extra trunk lid for his 68 camaro that was in his shop hanging on the wall that was painted with this stuff. First time I saw it I thought it was sooooo awesome. This was almost 11 years ago.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

radioactive

Isn't this done with some kind of radioactive isotope? The same kind of stuff they used on watches before Indiglo.

Comment

comparitive to auto paint, its not that expensive. i wonder how durable it is. maybe i will pick some up and do a coat of clear over it, see how it turns out.

Comment

let us know how it turns out cleared. this has many possibilites for uses with the different color selections
                        Tim
                        '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
                        '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
                        '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
                        '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
                        '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
                        '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
                        '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
                        '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          Isn't this done with some kind of radioactive isotope? The same kind of stuff they used on watches before Indiglo.
                          Tritium? I don't think so.
                          Current cars:

Comment

my 1 spoke wheels are getting painted with that 33000 ultra green as soon as i have the cash... how much pait would i need for 4 14" wheels... and 4 16" wheels... that pure blue on the web site would make an awesome looking festiva
                            I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                              my 1 spoke wheels are getting painted with that 33000 ultra green as soon as i have the cash... how much pait would i need for 4 14" wheels... and 4 16" wheels... that pure blue on the web site would make an awesome looking festiva
                              probably about a quart. doesnt sound like you need to put it on very thick

Comment

Working...
                              X