No announcement yet.

found a cheap festiva...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought: AAA. That is, if you're a member. I have the 100 miles of towing.
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Comment

that's what I was going to say.... you can become a member and get your first tow after 3 days.
      www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
      www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
      Snoopy's
      4621 Atlantic Ave
      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

not a bad idea. never thought of being a AAA member, especially to fake a breakdown at this guys house or wherever I can get it to to get it home. Sadly it's well over 100 miles.

I think I'm going to try to find a rental place around here somewhere that doesn't really care.
        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Jon is the man (or one of them) here, and in no way am I saying he's wrong here...but, I've towed auto metros for thousands of miles with out one single problem. I simple put them in N and turn the key to on and away we go. There might be something different about the festy, but I'm not currently aware of it. I've heard myths that the trans won't be properly lubed, thus will hurt it, but all my metros came back to life without issue.

Jon? Thoughts? I say flat tow it...better than missing out?

FX
          Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
            Just a thought: AAA. That is, if you're a member. I have the 100 miles of towing.
            They have a 12-step program I hear. The first step is admitting you have a problem. In this case, you need a car towed.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              They have a 12-step program I hear. The first step is admitting you have a problem. In this case, you need a car towed.
              that is hilarious.

I should call and see if they have any 12 step repair programs to see if they can just fix the car for free after I join and just drive it home. Or maybe that'd be the twelth step...drive it home for me
              Walth

Comment

thats awesome think theres MORE than one AAA! lol
                IF ONE FESTI IS GOOD THEN TWO IS BETTER!

93 L TEAL ( this winter new paint) full 2.25" exaust w/flowmaster 2 chamber! all black interoir! coil overs and aspire swap in the wings and 14" jetta mk3 alloy wheels! bp+t on the way!

Comment

welp, just got home with my 93 festiva GL auto w/ ac.

found out it's not factory yellow, sadly. it was a red festiva. dang it! lol! pics to come tomorrow morning.

got it up on the tow dolly, looked up underneath the engine and saw a straight pipe coming down where the exhaust usually is...someone cut out the cat. don't bother undoing the bolts, nah, just cut 'er off there!
                  Walth

Comment

here's my thread for the "yellow" 93 GL auto

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

thanks again for all inspirations, opinions, thoughts, experience, help and efforts.

let the good times roll
                    Walth

Comment

Last week I rented a U-haul tow dolly to tow a '90 Mustang from Wyoming to Virginia..... I used My dad's 2000 Ranger.... And when I bought my '83 Mustang off Ebay I used my 1999 Ranger to tow it here from Wisconsin with a U-haul tow dolly
                      Oh no!!! Hills, my only weakness!!!!!

Comment

yeah apparently some places don't care. Other places are just anal...they must get good bonuses or something? lol who knows

it really pissed me off though. they have pictuers on the desk in the lobby of cars about the size of a festiva renting and pulling trailers about the size of a festiva. it's like REALLY?! COME ON!?! lol

I guess sometime I will go ahead and get a hitch and figure out whose got what going on, etc.
                        Walth

Comment

Working...
                        X