B3 MPG from my B6T!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 MPG from my B6T!

Just drove this route last night coming from the capri meet. Topped off in Walkerton for 40.7 mpg. Topped off again at home in Fayette... 47.2 mpg!!! Granted it was quite a boring drive, Indiana is easily the most boring state Ive ever been in, and to top it off I did 50-55 the whole way. It was night time and Im paranoid of hitting deer with my festy. Ironically the only one I saw was a doe about 5 miles from home.

I would be slightly skeptical about the MPG seeing as it was only a quarter tank. Small fillups tend to skew MPG calculations, but I would say its entirely possible since I was driving slow for a long period of time.

Oh yeah, this was AFTER I added the rocketchip ecu.

91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

This is entirely plausible. My B6rt got 40.0 on a test run, at a constant 60 MPH. No surprise that 50 - 55 MPH would give you 47 MPG, because of less air/wind resistance. Good for you!

My B3 at 55 MPH gave me 58.5 MPG BTW.
    Last edited by TominMO; 07-11-2010, 11:18 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'm an avid hypermiler so hopefuly soon when I get all the bugs worked out of my 93 Festiva, I'll be posting some pretty high numbers also.

Comment

Originally posted by speedoholic View Post
        I'm an avid hypermiler so hopefuly soon when I get all the bugs worked out of my 93 Festiva, I'll be posting some pretty high numbers also.
        Do an advanced search on all the threads I started, in the General Discussion section. You will find a bunch of threads on MPG runs. My best B3 runs are 62.5 hwy at 45 MPH, and 50.5 city with hypermiling. The challenge is on!
        Last edited by TominMO; 07-11-2010, 11:54 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Sounds like a good goal to start with :thumbleft: I had a 09 FIT that I got 55 MPG through the mountains and back with both uphill and downhill.

Comment

Sounds like a good goal to start with :thumbleft: I had a 09 FIT that I got 55 MPG through the mountains and back with both uphill and downhill.
            How did you accomplish that? Lots of coasting and other hypermiling tricks?

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I joined in with a MPG rally and here are the results. I was driving my 2009 Honda Fit Sport M/T with an EPA rating of 27-33 MPG. After 115.2 miles in the mountains, I burned 2.091 gallons and it averaged out at 55.0933 MPG. We started our trip at a gas station where I topped the tank off at the brim of the filler neck because just going to "the first click" is NEVER accurate. We made a 115.2 mile ROUND trip to, and around a local national park in the mountains. There is no "it was all downhill" crap because we went up and back on the same roads. Made it back to the same gas station and filled up on the same pump for accuracy. I also topped this tank off at the brim of the filler neck.

My mods were, tires are inflated to 60 PSI, Mobil 1 full synthetic, and an extremely light foot.

That was quoted from my post on a Fit forum.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                How did you accomplish that? Lots of coasting and other hypermiling tricks?
                my idea of hypermiling is something similar to warp speed :evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

That was quoted from my post on a Fit forum.
                  Well done! You obviously know what you're doing.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

53 MPG is my personal best. 93 EFI five speed, level route, little wind, 45 -50 mph. The speed limit on the road was 45 MPH.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

WoWie ZoWiE! That sure is some good mpg! You should be beating on that thing instead of putting around like an 80 y/o woman, lol!

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        Well done! You obviously know what you're doing.
                        Thanks. Pretty soon I'll get some numbers on the Festiva and post them up.

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                          WoWie ZoWiE! That sure is some good mpg! You should be beating on that thing instead of putting around like an 80 y/o woman, lol!
                          Well my next fillup will probably be something like 30 mpg if you know what I mean. This thing is just stupid fast now.

But I really cant afford the gas, wear and tear, and tires lol. So I try to stay civilized with it.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I hypermiled my GT for a full tank.

I got 28.7mpg. Very happy with that.

Then I unloaded the left foot at 4,000 RPM and blew 3 festivas off the road in a blast of acceleration and unburned 93 octane hydrocarbons.
                            1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                            1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                            2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                              Well my next fillup will probably be something like 30 mpg if you know what I mean. This thing is just stupid fast now.

But I really cant afford the gas, wear and tear, and tires lol. So I try to stay civilized with it.
                              Thats the spirit!!
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                              X