X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    I hypermiled my GT for a full tank.

I got 28.7mpg. Very happy with that.

Then I unloaded the left foot at 4,000 RPM and blew 3 festivas off the road in a blast of acceleration and unburned 93 octane hydrocarbons.
    Whats it run in the 1/4? That 4.10 and the cams are probably hurting you pretty bad. 30+ hwy shouldnt be too hard. Used to get that in a Mark Viii with a dohc 4.6 and auto.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      I hypermiled my GT for a full tank.

I got 28.7mpg. Very happy with that.

Then I unloaded the left foot at 4,000 RPM and blew 3 festivas off the road in a blast of acceleration and unburned 93 octane hydrocarbons.
      Thats alot better than i get in my Edsel, I might get 17 if I Hypermile in that thing, somewhere close to 7 if i am having fun mashing the gas down to the floor. Thats why I love my Festy, that 50 MPG makes all the difference!

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
        Whats it run in the 1/4? That 4.10 and the cams are probably hurting you pretty bad. 30+ hwy shouldnt be too hard. Used to get that in a Mark Viii with a dohc 4.6 and auto.
        12.52 @ 109.7 on an 18-inch non-drag street radial.

she's my other baby

1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
        1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
        2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

My dad has a mark viii, he gets (according to the computer onboard) 13 mpg, haha!

My '93 grand marquis gets 19 city and (for a huge car) 28 highway! Once that boat gets rollin, it's not hard to maintain speed. I bet if I drove like a grandma that just heard a story about johnny who got in an accident (then she'll drive REALLY slow), I could weasel out a city calc in the low 20s.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Actually, my fuel ecomony INCREASED with the cam install.
            1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
            1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
            2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
              My dad has a mark viii, he gets (according to the computer onboard) 13 mpg, haha!
              Probably a lot of city driving. They suck in town, though going to a 4.10 gear could help by getting it to the higher gear/torque converter lockup sooner.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
              X