No announcement yet.

Who's planning a winter build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No garage and my project car money comes in every may (profit sharing at work). I do all the work on my DD(s) through the winter and build up the project(s) in the summer.

Comment

I still have my spring/summer build to finish. It may turn into a fall, winter, next year project though the way things are going at work. It will happen though, Ive got too much already invested in parts and labor to turn back now. Good to see people are still living the dream or dreaming to live anyway.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
        Ah... cool! So the Chassis-side are the same from Festiva to Aspire. I assume those Aspire lines would likely work with the EGT calipers too?
        They worked with protege LX calipers on my aspire so yes they should work with EGT calipers.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

My friend just bought a 68' camaro shell...ill be helpin him with that
          Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Probly trying to finish my winter project that I've been working on for almost 2 years. If they keep cutting my hours it'll probly be another 2 before its done.
            Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
              If they keep cutting my hours it'll probly be another 2 before its done.
              My problem is too many hours. I can't seem to find time.
              -Donny
              -1992 Festiva GL
              B6D/E-series.
              -1991 GL
              BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
                My problem is too many hours. I can't seem to find time.
                The way things are these days, that's not a bad problem to have.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I got my '90 LX that I need to pull the motor on and put new steering/suspension on this winter since my gf gets laid off in the winter. Might possibly do an aspire swap while I'm at it also. Would put a b6t in there but after what I spent to swap a 5.0 in my Ranger my gf would take the whip out.... again:pale:

Comment

well, no winter build for me. Just alot of small projects to do whenever i have time.

-my sister is moving out so ill probably make her a table and chairs to save money.
                    -i need to build a counter to put a big sink into.
                    -my mom wants a coffee table
                    -two of the festivas speakers dont work so ill rewire and put better speakers in.
                    -the festiva's got a vacuum leak but i know where. easy fix.
                    -ill be moving out soon so ill start making making furniture for that.
                    -need new suspension in the festiva, way to bouncy
                    -need to fix the gas leak in my tank. third time. all different places.

and now i got to go build kitchen cabinets for people :neutral:
                    Tim S

Comment

for your sake i hope your good working with wood lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Been saving slowly for the B6T motor for sale on here in ATL.
                        Im hoping to put it in my 89 red car.
                        Thats what Im planning anyways. lol
                        93L sold. First FESTY!
                        91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                        91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                        89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                        93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                        89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                        93GL Sold Too Soon!
                        91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

I might put the BP in the 92 sometime in the winter.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                            for your sake i hope your good working with wood lol...
                            i hate working with wood but im pretty good at it. would rather weld something though
                            Tim S

Comment

This winter, I'm going to buy a sheet of polished stainless and laser cut a L/H cowl access plate.
                              Is anyone else interested in some bling, bling?
                              I am also planning to pump the antifreeze out of my block with a HVLP sprayer pump.
                              I intend to complete the waterless coolant install by removing the overflow tank, since it won't be needed anymore.

Comment

Please explain that last bit.
                                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X