No announcement yet.

Tires (not sure where to post this)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front tires may not be balanced either. Take them to walmart. I think they only charge $5 per wheel or so.
    -Donny
    -1992 Festiva GL
    B6D/E-series.
    -1991 GL
    BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
      Front tires may not be balanced either. Take them to walmart. I think they only charge $5 per wheel or so.
      can they become unbalanced over time?
      -Travis

'93 L Festiva (Bullet) loving the 44 mpg

Comment

Originally posted by sorcmasta View Post
        right now using 155r12 .. thats what was on the car when i got it ... instead of the stock 145

which i actually just thought of something ... i have 3 tires that are 155r12 76s and 1 (front left) that is 155/80r12 ... would that have anything to do with the stability?? and i am sure i need a alignment cuz it pulls to the right
        Check your tire pressure too. 155r12 has a 80% profile as far as I know.
        Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
          Check your tire pressure too. 155r12 has a 80% profile as far as I know.
          i have about 40psi in all the tires .. max of 44 ... i have always used 40 to keep my gas mileage high ... what do u mean 80% profile?? i don't know what that means
          -Travis

Comment

An 80% profile means that the side-wall of the tire is 80% as tall as it is wide. When people look for low-profile tires, they're looking for a tire that is significantly wider than it is tall. Because my tires are 185/60-14, that means that my treadwidth is 185mm, and that the height of my tire (from the rim to the tread) is 60% of that width.

A 155/80 would be 155mm treadwidth, with a side-wall height of 80% of that. That's why a high-profile tire looks "thick." It's also why you need you reduce your profile when you increase wheel size. To fit 15 and 16s, you need a very low-profile tire in order to keep your speedometer relatively well calibrated.
            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
              An 80% profile means that the side-wall of the tire is 80% as tall as it is wide. When people look for low-profile tires, they're looking for a tire that is significantly wider than it is tall. Because my tires are 185/60-14, that means that my treadwidth is 185mm, and that the height of my tire (from the rim to the tread) is 60% of that width.

A 155/80 would be 155mm treadwidth, with a side-wall height of 80% of that. That's why a high-profile tire looks "thick." It's also why you need you reduce your profile when you increase wheel size. To fit 15 and 16s, you need a very low-profile tire in order to keep your speedometer relatively well calibrated.
              ok .. that makes sense now
              -Travis

Comment

Working...
              X