No announcement yet.

neat car came into work today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, I think I'll stick with the festiva. This car looks a little small for two complete honda 250's. haha.

but certainly a nice lookin car.

I actually kind of find solo-electric transportation kind of ignorant. Sort of a big lie good intentioned (or trendy bandwagon idiots) fall into. Okay, sure...no gasoline, no combustion, no "carbon footprints", etc etc. But charging it every night with that magical outlet in the wall that leads to a coal burning power plant...there's nothing zero-emissions about it, technically.
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

When I was 10 all I wanted was a Power Wheel. Couldn't afford it then. Today I'm 27, and apparently, still can't afford one!
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
        Perhaps it's made of Prefabulated Amulite?

According to Chevy, it's 40 miles electric, and then an additional 300 miles with the on-board generator.
        yup, but you can refill the fuel tank for the genny, and travel indefinate distances!
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          yup, but you can refill the fuel tank for the genny, and travel indefinate distances!
          Ah, I see what you mean. I was just saying that, without doing anything from the start (supposing a full gas tank), you could go 300 more miles, but of course you're right; just fill up again and keep going.

For those Volt owners who actually travel less than 40 miles per day; what are they to do with the gas in the tank? Eventually it goes bad unless something like Sta-Bil is added, and even then it won't keep gas fresh forever. I'm guessing the engineers thought of this, and the engine starts itself at regular intervals even if not needed.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
            I'm guessing the engineers thought of this, and the engine starts itself at regular intervals even if not needed.
            Close. The engine will cycle during every run, just like the Escape/Fusion.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
            X