Road Trip plans to California!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip plans to California!

So I finally decided a friend and I are going to fly to California and pick up Perucho's car and drive it home.
    The trip will be from San Francisco to Columbus Indiana which is 39 hours total!
    So I plan on taking 7 days to do it total to make it a little less rushed and fun.

I'm staying with my Aunt in San Francisco the first 2 days (maybe 3) then we will head to Phoenix AZ *12 hrs* where my uncle lives and spend 2 days (maybe 3) then we will head to Amarillo TX *12 hrs* and stay 1 day (maybe 2) then to Springfield MO*9 hrs* overnight then home! *8 hrs*

Better yet here is my map!

Is there a way to put the map in the thread?

So yeah if anyone is on the way and wants to meet up or anything!
    ORRRRR if anyone lives near Amarillo or Springfield we still need a place to crash

But yeah that's my plan! I'm looking forward to it. It should be a ton of fun but I have to make sure my friend can come which will make it alot easier and more fun.
    Last edited by Charlie1717; 08-18-2010, 08:00 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Sounds like Charlie's excellent adventure!
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Charlie, any plans to bring that sweet ride to Ohiostiva?
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

I live off the I-10 60 minutes from LA, If you are taking the coastal route south then heading out that way let me know.

I have 2 white fenders a hood and a hatch...I might be forever out of the game =/
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Dang, that's a helluva trip! Good luck dude!
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Do it! Do it! Do it! Sounds like a ton of fun!
            -Caleb
            Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
            So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Charlie, are you going thru St. Louis? We could have a "Mini meet" on the
              "Charlie's Excellent Adventure" trip.
              Edit: Yes you are going thru St. Louis! Just looked at the map. Let's meet if you have time.
              Sure I could talk Tom (TominMo) and a couple others into it.
              Last edited by drddan; 08-18-2010, 03:43 PM.
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

trip

that is so awesome when i was 20, a looong time ago i made a 800 mile trip to pick up a car & had a blast. mini trip compared to yours but it will be worth it your getting a killer car at a great price! have fun!
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

camera ready

Make sure you have your camera ready. It's earthquake country out there.

Comment

Wowie, a couple thousand miles of Interstate driving.

When I was 21, I drove (and lived in, after Winnebago-izing it) a 1.1-liter Fiat 128 to 49 states and every Canadian province west of Montreal, including the Yukon Territory and Northwest Territories, where the license plates had only 4 digits and were shaped like polar bears. I drove only state and county roads (no Interstates, but did cross over them from time to time) -- 25,000 miles in 80 days. I went through two sets of Michelin radial tires, shocks, CV joints, wheel bearings, ball joints, and several clutch cables.

Shall I tell you about walking 10 miles to school in the snow while watching out for grizzly bears, 1700-pound moose, and the occasional wooly mammoth?
                    Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 08-18-2010, 10:23 PM.
                    88L black, dailydriver
                    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                    4 88/89 disassembled
                    91L green
                    91GL aqua pwrsteer
                    92GL red a/c reardmg
                    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Hey Charlie, you should put a sticker of each state the Festy has been in!
                      Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                        I live off the I-10 60 minutes from LA, If you are taking the coastal route south then heading out that way let me know.

I have 2 white fenders a hood and a hatch...I might be forever out of the game =/
                        We will be going right through LA so you could definitely meet up with us somewhere for a meal or something. LA is about 6.5 hours into our drive which is about half of that day so it will be a good rest stop for us.

Did you get in a wreck with your festy?

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                        Charlie, are you going thru St. Louis? We could have a "Mini meet" on the
                        "Charlie's Excellent Adventure" trip.
                        Edit: Yes you are going thru St. Louis! Just looked at the map. Let's meet if you have time.
                        Sure I could talk Tom (TominMo) and a couple others into it.
                        Should have named this thread "Charlie's Excellent Adventure" :p Make a movie out of it!

But yes I will be in St. Louis, that will be about 3.5 hours into our last day of driving soo it would be on the Sept. 2nd I would think we would leave Springfield MO around 9ish so we'd be in St. Louis around 12ish (this is all guessing though since I don't know where we are sleeping and how tired we will be hahah)
                        But I'd love a mini meet! I haven't been to any meets and haven't really seen anyone elses festivas in person. That would be awesome. So if we can work something out that would be pretty cool!

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                        that is so awesome when i was 20, a looong time ago i made a 800 mile trip to pick up a car & had a blast. mini trip compared to yours but it will be worth it your getting a killer car at a great price! have fun!
                        Yeah we are both 20, well my friends 21. But we always talk about a road trip and just have never done it sooooo why not now! To bad he hates flying hahaha. I'm not only excited to be getting a sweet car but I love california and the west coast and I will finally see family I haven't seen in almost 5 years. (new uncle and cousin! hahaha).

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                        Make sure you have your camera ready. It's earthquake country out there.
                        Definitely! I don't have one buy my Girlfriend is letting me take hers so I'll take plenty of pics of the trip/any earthquakes encountered ha! :p

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
                        Wowie, a couple thousand miles of Interstate driving.

When I was 21, I drove (and lived in, after Winnebago-izing it) a 1.1-liter Fiat 128 to 49 states and every Canadian province west of Montreal, including the Yukon Territory and Northwest Territories, where the license plates had only 4 digits and were shaped like polar bears. I drove only state and county roads (no Interstates, but did cross over them from time to time) -- 25,000 miles in 80 days. I went through two sets of Michelin radial tires, shocks, CV joints, wheel bearings, ball joints, and several clutch cables.

Shall I tell you about walking 10 miles to school in the snow while watching out for grizzly bears, 1700-pound moose, and the occasional wooly mammoth?
                        That is one heck of a trip!!! That's just amazing. I'm assuming your walk to school was also uphill both ways? haha

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                        Hey Charlie, you should put a sticker of each state the Festy has been in!
                        Haha defnitely, put one of those RV United States stickers haha that would be hilarious.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

This will be one memorable trip to be made!!!Congrats on the new upcoming awesome ride!!!

Comment

Started packing for my trip! We leave tomorrow morning at 8 AM ugh but should be in cali by noon (due to time change!) Looking forward to it! I'll be taking a bunch of pictures, if I remember ha not really a camera guy.

If anyone wants to meet up along the journey let me know!
                            You can message me here or call/text anytime
                            (812)350-8342

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Dude youre gonna be travelling at like 2 hours per hour! Duuude!
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X