Road Trip plans to California!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie,

Have a great time. I did a cross country from here to Cali and back and it was a blast.
    1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
    1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
    Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
    website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Charlie and his buddy flew today to pick up the car. I'm very glad the car is going to such a nice guy.

They loaded the car with some festy stuff we found in the garage.

Still plenty of space in the front.

Anthony came over to show off his car.

Charlie making sure everything is where it's supposed to be

Rolling out on their way to Anthony's place for some more festy goodies.

Loaded car + FMS springs = lowrider

Oscar

Comment

So far so good! We just spent the day with my Aunt and family all over san fran. It's been awesome! lots to see. Tomorrow we are heading to Las Vegas! taking a detour :p then we will head to the grand canyon to sedona then to phoenix. It's been very fun so far. Haven't driven the car to much yet but so far I love it.

I put some spring helpers to keep us from rubbing on every bump haha
        Thanks again Oscar! It was a pleasure meeting you and Anthony. Very nice guys, I got a lot of good stuff and I'm excited to put it to good use!

Thanks again!
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Glad to see someone on the forum getting this car. Oscar did a great job on it. I really like Anthony's car too. Love the wheels he has. Do you know what make and model they are?

Enjoy your trip and remember you can never post enough photos!
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
            Glad to see someone on the forum getting this car. Oscar did a great job on it. I really like Anthony's car too. Love the wheels he has. Do you know what make and model they are?

Enjoy your trip and remember you can never post enough photos!
            Yeah Anthony's car is pretty sweet looking, very Euro. He has a lot of little things he has done to the car that I haven't seen. I told him to get on here and he said he has an account but hasn't been on in a while. So yeah I'll try and get him on here to share on his car and some mods.
            I have a ton of pics of San Francisco and some of the views and golden gate bridge. Haven't taken any with the festiva yet since I haven't really started the journey home :p

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Charlie, your paypal account has had a cash infusion!

Remember to upload your pics to the web when you have net access so you always have room on the card for more pics.
              This is going to be a trip you'll want to have pics from.
              Force yourself to take those pics, 50yrs from now they'll bring a smile to your face.
              Have a safe trip.
              Looking at the extra seat in the back of the Festiva, you might be able to gain some room by taking the extra front seats turn them upside down and placing them over the back seat.
              Head rest in the bottom of the back seat and butt cushion of the seat resting on the top of the back seat.
              Only issue is how much of the seat hangs over the back seat toward the back window.
              You can shim that forward by placing stuff between the back seat and the seat itself.
              If that doesn't work, use the back seat trick and lay the back seat down flat and that should give some extra room.
              Hopefully you have a cooler for water/drinks and ice.
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                Charlie, your paypal account has had a cash infusion!

Remember to upload your pics to the web when you have net access so you always have room on the card for more pics.
                This is going to be a trip you'll want to have pics from.
                Force yourself to take those pics, 50yrs from now they'll bring a smile to your face.
                Have a safe trip.
                Looking at the extra seat in the back of the Festiva, you might be able to gain some room by taking the extra front seats turn them upside down and placing them over the back seat.
                Head rest in the bottom of the back seat and butt cushion of the seat resting on the top of the back seat.
                Only issue is how much of the seat hangs over the back seat toward the back window.
                You can shim that forward by placing stuff between the back seat and the seat itself.
                If that doesn't work, use the back seat trick and lay the back seat down flat and that should give some extra room.
                Hopefully you have a cooler for water/drinks and ice.
                Thanks for the advice! We actually pulled everything out yesterday and reorganized everything and it fits much better now. My Aunt is giving us a cooler and some drinks so that will be very nice! It's been a great trip so far

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Currently in Amarillo Texas. Plan on making the rest of the trip home tomorrow. 15 hours woohoo. Car has been great! (knock on wood). Haven't had any problems... other than the brakes getting a bit hot going down some mountains at Yosemite haha.
                  So far I've been getting right about 35 MPG so I'm not complaining.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

^this is looking to be a awesome road trip.... cant wait to meet up and see your ride
                    93L sold. First FESTY!
                    91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                    91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                    89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                    93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                    89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                    93GL Sold Too Soon!
                    91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                      Currently in Amarillo Texas. Plan on making the rest of the trip home tomorrow. 15 hours woohoo. Car has been great! (knock on wood). Haven't had any problems... other than the brakes getting a bit hot going down some mountains at Yosemite haha.
                      Still hitting St. Louis tmw about 12? I'll PM you my phone #.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Remember that the tires are bigger than stock (175/70/13 vs 145/80/12). Actually 7% larger overall diameter. Don't forget to multiply whatever you are getting by 1.07 to get the correct mpg. If you haven't done that yet, you are getting 37.5 mpg
                        Oscar

Comment

Just got home boys and girls. Well I've been home for about an hour or so emptying out the car. I'm used to California time now so it feels like 1:30 instead of 4:30 :p
                          We decided to come straight home from Amarillo which was about 16 hours which wasn't to bad. The last hour was probably the worst haha.

Anyway regarding the larger tires I wasn't sure what the percent was so I was adding about a mile per 50 miles haha so awesome! I was getting even better than thought!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Still hitting St. Louis tmw about 12? I'll PM you my phone #.
                            Sorry I didn't get a hold of you. But we got in St. Louis at like midnight and figured that was a bit late for a meet up :p

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Sorry I didn't get a hold of you. But we got in St. Louis at like midnight and figured that was a bit late for a meet up :p
                              No prob. Hope the last leg of your trip is/was uneventful. Guess you're home by now huh?
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Just got home boys and girls.
                                Sweet!
                                Oscar

Comment

Working...
                                X