lowering the roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering the roof

Has anyone cut and lowered there roof? I was thinking about it. I dont think it should be "THAT" hard. Maybe lowering it about 3"? Idk just a thought..
    LIVE FAST!!!!!!!DIE HARD!!!!!!!!:evil5::evil5::evil5::evil5:

Dustin Hayek

91.festy 1.8 BP DOHC AUTO.The turbo awaits!

Well you must be short because if I lowered the roof any lower I would have neck problems, but then again I'm 6'5"

Comment

You mean to say ''chopped''
      The H.A.M.B.
      http://www.jalopyjournal.com

Comment

Only problem is cutting so much glass. You would have to change the front and rear pillar angles. And cut compound angles on the rear windows.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I've heard that it's very hard to cut modern windshields without ruining them? Not sure. The metal work wouldn't be all that hard.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

with my racing seat i have about 8 inches above my head and im 6'5"

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

hmm well i figure the glass would be the hardest part but all in all i would look really good,i would do it if i had another festy...lol
              LIVE FAST!!!!!!!DIE HARD!!!!!!!!:evil5::evil5::evil5::evil5:

Dustin Hayek

91.festy 1.8 BP DOHC AUTO.The turbo awaits!

Comment

I've thought about it...4" in the front and 3" in the back to give it some rake. Would look like the Dodge Magnum. Someone should photoshop it.
                ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Chopping can be done without changing the angles of the window pillars. The roof would have to be widened and lengthened using a roof panel from a second Festiva.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
                    I've thought about it...4" in the front and 3" in the back to give it some rake. Would look like the Dodge Magnum. Someone should photoshop it.
                    I think you got those reversed; 3" in the Front and 4" in the Rear would give it a Magnum look.

Not worried about the angle of the posts, that's standard chop tech, but again, cutting modern glass may be the problem with this idea. It would be interesting to know about the glass; I have an idea for my Festy after it's life as a DD and the glass would have to be cut to do it.
                    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                    Mark S.

Comment

Check out post #36 by Festyboy...
                      Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)
                      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                        looks sorta weird

Comment

I've thought about a chopped festiva for a good while now. I have a good 5-6" over my head in my car. Would help aero a good bit, though it might make the car look a bit civic-y.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Not a fan at all. Far too much work for no gain in my opinion.
                            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                            X