Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Thousand Miles

Another Thousand Miles

.... Another thousand miles, that's a total of 477, 000 miles plus on the original engine. And that's the way it should be. I like to see my engine grow old gracefully with blue-gray smoke and very gradual loss of compression and wear and tear over all. But, that's not the case yet, there is no blue-gray smoke yet but there is some wear. We'll see just how far she really will go and I suspect she should reach a half a million miles before real trouble sets in. She's a running rabbit, acts like She doesn't want to quit.
    .... In the history, I gave above (in POST #22 frame) on this Festiva, I forgot to mention the fact that we were without a speedometer cable for two weeks. It took that long to get one from FORD at that time. In those two weeks, we put another 1100 miles per week for a total of 2.2k on the car. So when I figure the overall mileage I always add the 2.2k to what ever the speedometer says. I tell you this only because I have had other people stick their head in the window and question me about it. One person asked If I replaced the instrument cluster when he looked in the window, he thought the “4” was a “1” until he got a good look at it. This engine with this kind of mileage is starting to act and sound a little more like a diesel engine rather than a gas job. A well-worn diesel usually has somewhere in the neighborhood 6,000 to 7,000 hours. I would say this engine is coming very close to being a diesel for the price of a gas job. And at around 35 plus M.P.G. You can't complain about that.
    Thanks
    A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Another success story. Thanks for posting.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I'm hoping mine will make it a million miles but I'm not too sure the history of my car... I assume it's the original engine because I have no records other than a title from 93 for my 90 Festiva w/ 264k
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Just bought a one owner '90 w/ 284K miles, original everything except timing belt. Runs like an absolute top!

Comment

Right on! Welcome!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Just ticked 295K, yesterday. original engine, with rebuilt head (40K ago).

Cheers,

Scott
              Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

I think I have the LOWEST mileage so far. My 92' has 91xxx miles. Original everything as far as I can tell
                1963 Ford F-100
                1992 Ford Festiva
                2006 Audi A4
                2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Comment

mines has 93k miles on it and gives me 41mpg everything original , im second owner
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-25-2010, 09:52 PM.

Comment

There was one at fm4 with 68k I think. It won fan favorite. It was a festiva truck. He is a member here. There was one that popped up on craigslist recently with under 30k.

Comment

Dad's white 91GL has 220ishK on it. He bought it with 80ishK back in 98. Everything is original except the timing belt, clutch and the front-end has been rebuilt. The yellow 91L has been in the family since 03 but only has 162k on it. Bought it with 80k also. Everything original except the timing belt.. still on the original clutch. The GL will have over 300k when he retires.
                      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

In Iran it is Being produced yet ! ford festiva as your car!

Comment

Working...
                        X