Dumb question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question...

I have an extremely stupid question to ask but im not sure...im doin a swap soon, if I pull the axle shafts when I pull the motor, can I still wheel the car around? Thanks and sorry for the dumb question
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

you can but I would put bolts with washers through the hub centers so they bearings don't come apart and the car doesn't hit the ground.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Hubs will separate.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

So put a bolt through the bearing with a big washer on each side? Thanks for the super fast response!!!
        Tyler

Comment

Anytime you don't need your old axle for a core charge, keep both axle ends and you can use them (outer piece instead of a bolt) and take the cir clip off the inner one and use that to keep your spider gears from falling into the transmission. If you are planning on pulling both axles out of the transmission and don't have an old stub shaft to put in one side, then use something like a short piece of a broom handle stuck in one side of the transmission in the axle hole. Make sure the stick goes all the way into the spider gear or you could be a very sorry camper.
          You gonna race that thing?
          http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Hmmm...hopefully that didnt happen with my f-series...its just sittin in my barn waiting
            Tyler

Comment

Working...
            X