Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

diffrence between fms competition and race camshaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angrygocart View Post
    Yes FMS does get the exhaust headers from Austalia, removes the company's label, then resells it.
    This is the best news ive heard today! (im in oz) i dont suppose anyone here knows the name of the company here in oz that supplys FMS?
    could save me a pretty penny, i was going to be ordering the race cam AND headers from the states but if i could find out who makes 'em here?...:p

just thought, if i can get in touch with original supplier i should be able to get the specs and post here..
    Last edited by ELUSIVE; 11-29-2010, 04:30 PM.
    60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Yeah, I just saw that on Rockauto, the same cam is listed for both engines. Oh well. Still, there is someone who has the specs to make them. I'm guessing FMS wouldn't want to let their source out, or maybe at this point they wouldn't care. I was just curious. Do we even know the stock specs? Sorry if it's been discussed already.

Also of interest was that I saw the same cam listed for both the B6, and B8 on a Mazda factory parts site. I thought they were different.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by ELUSIVE View Post
        This is the best news ive heard today! (im in oz) i dont suppose anyone here knows the name of the company here in oz that supplys FMS?
        could save me a pretty penny, i was going to be ordering the race cam AND headers from the states but if i could find out who makes 'em here?...:p

just thought, if i can get in touch with original supplier i should be able to get the specs and post here..
        Please do.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I know the name of the header set from Oz, but I can't think of it right now!

Darn. Someone will post it.

GENIE!

Undoubtedly for the Ford Meteor, the Ford Australia version of the 323/Familia. The listing is for the 1.6 SOHC engine. They don't have any listings for Kia or Mazda. At least they didn't come up for me.

Hehe. I remembered. Keeping my senility at bay!

Karl
          Last edited by Safety Guy; 11-29-2010, 05:05 PM.
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            I know the name of the header set from Oz, but I can't think of it right now!

Darn. Someone will post it.

GENIE!

Undoubtedly for the Ford Meteor, the Ford Australia version of the 323/Familia. The listing is for the 1.6 SOHC engine. They don't have any listings for Kia or Mazda. At least they didn't come up for me.

Hehe. I remembered. Keeping my senility at bay!

Karl
            Genie of coarse!!
            nice one! and quick too! i'll look them up when i get up (gotta snooze now, night shift tonight(0745am here)).
            hopefully these fit 1.3L or make a set that do..

any ideas on who grinds FMS cams?
            60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Nope. No idea on the cams.

Karl

Comment

I just emailed them to see if they ship to the US and if they also do camshafts for our engines.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Elusive, you'll find cams for the B6 available in a variety of grinds from Crow Cams, Camtech, and Kelford Cams (NZ). These companies have full details of grinds availabel on their websites. As for the headers, check HighTech Headers they have a header for the B6. Most of the stuff I have found is listed for the Ford Laser, which obviously is a rebadged 323.

Hope this helps.

Comment

What ever happened to this guy.
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27805
                    He was offering to do all kinds of coolness for the Festiva community at nice prices. Now seems to have disappeared.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                      EDIT: Something else that just hit me. If the smaller the displacement the more aggressive the effect for a given cam spec, could you rob the stock cam from a junkyard b6 for a cheap upgrade to the b3?
                      That is good thinking. And may work.
                      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Woah. The header is $340AUD and shipping is $240AUD.

I feel really cheap now.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

340 for a header its real cheap in the real world. Just not honda/cheap ebay crap cheap.
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

pacesetter has headers for the 86-89 323 for 300 and some change and free shipping they should fit the b3 iirc
                            Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

323 headers fit the b3?

Comment

Headers designed for the older B6s (up to 1989) may fit the Festiva cylinder head, but the pipes would be way too large.

FMS used to sell the B3 headers. Are they out or have you checked? They were around $250 as I recall. They were probably made by Genie too, as they were the same color and design as my B6 headers.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                                X