B6t or BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6t or BP

I have an auto festy. I'm now in the shopping stage for a swap, wondering what the better choice would be for me. I don't plan on racing or doing to to much to the engine. Maybe a cold air intake, and other little small stuff.

I plan on keeping the Auto tranny as well, any info or tips on that?

also ask anything you need to know and I will answer to the best of my knowledge
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

B6t

I have a B6T for sale and the trans that you need for pretty cheap. I have been in both a B6T and BP. The B6T is the way to go.

Comment

B6t

I am in Virginia Beach so not that far away

Comment

Yea, I'm the guy who PM'd you asking if we could work somethig out.

Comment

Originally posted by cestelle View Post
          I have a B6T for sale and the trans that you need for pretty cheap. I have been in both a B6T and BP. The B6T is the way to go.
          BP has more power potential. Its basically I bigger versionof the b6t. The advantage of the b6t is that you don't have to find the turbo stuff for it.

He also said he wants the auto.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I thought Turbo's and auto trans dont mix well?

Just get a bp in my opinion

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

They dont? Turbos LOVE auto trannies. Why do you think one of the greatest turbocharged vehicles of all time (Buick GN) only offered an auto trans?

Think about it, no letting off the throttle (and getting out of boost) to shift, no having to respool after shifts, you can brake torque at the line to build boost, and its easier to launch as well.

I say if you want boost now go b6t. If you feel like waiting a while to collect parts for a BPT build go BP. Some of those turbo parts can be hard to find.

Either way your limiting factor will be the festiva itself, they just arent made to put lots of power to the ground.
              Last edited by bhazard; 10-24-2010, 01:02 AM.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Id say bp. Im running a bp right now, and i must say, its hella fun just with a N/A bp. Turbo bp on little psi is all anyone needs.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Well like I said I don't want to do alot of work after the swap and from the more I think the b6t sounds better. Just because I won't have to do the turbo work on it, and also it sounds like I'll have more get up and go to start with.

Comment

BTW, can I use a engine that had a standard transmisson and just use an auto tran on it?

Comment

Yep. Actually easier just to stick to the stock trans since that way you only have to make one mount. The stock auto is said to hold plenty of power, just dont be power braking it.

Just make sure your stock mounts are in good shape.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Power braking? I'm not a crazy driver or anything I just want some more power and a wow factor. Living in the mountains with only 63hp is kinda sucky.

Comment

bpt

bpt is king

Comment

Dude if you can get a B6T, then go for it but a BP or B8 with the stock tranny is enough. Just get a good clutch. I live in these same mountains so I know all to well what your talking about.
                            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Bear in mind that B8 and BP swaps require minimal electrical work whereas a b6t is nearly a complete engine harness rebuild. More so with an auto (did the 323GT even have a slushbox option?)

B8 or BP is my recommendation. Keep your stock auto tranny (but x2 on checking the mounts, and I'd do a flush and filter just because). Your best bet is to get all your swap parts out of an auto car. Everything will bolt up regardless but it makes the electrical bit much easier. BPs with autos were a little hard to come by but they do exist. B8s with autos however are a dime a dozen. That's down to whatever you can find. If you get a b8 try to get the 16v head.

Comment

Working...
                              X