How many Alternators would t take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Alternators would t take?

if i were to remove my gasoline motor and install an electric Traction motor, using 1 to 2 batteries to start the electric motor then the electric motor will run the Alternators. How many alternators would i need to power my festy DAY & ALL Nights?

The altinators would take more power to crank them then they would make. hence why they have hybrids right now

Now if you wanted good green cheap power, go hydrogen. A hydrogen genorator is easy to make.
    Fun and Festy!
    www.zappascomputers.com.au
    My Festy, My Girls Festy and My Hillman Minx

Comment

One of you is talking about perpetual motion and the other HHO....LOL
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I know what he is talking about lol. It ain't gonna happen with altinators! Well not untill a new type of genorator is made that takes less power than it creates and sice there ain't all that much difference in a electric engine and a genorator of any type you will always end up with less coming out than going in due to friction and such.
        You want perpetual motion see my mother inlaw jiggle lol!
        Last edited by BrianFestiva; 11-02-2010, 10:07 PM.
        Fun and Festy!

Comment

ok look at this video - (3) 350 amp (1) 240 amp (for better "at idle" performance) Iraggi High Output Alternators. This is running a 23,000 watt stereo system in a 2001 Chevy Tahoe

(3) 350 amp (1) 240 amp (for better "at idle" performance) Iraggi High Output Alternators. This is running a 23,000 watt stereo system in a 2001 Chevy Tahoe

I was at autozone when i had this idea...i should get this guy to "diagnose" my "Alternator" and see if its working good. He drug his machine out to test "it...

With the help of Skidplate, & 413 my alt install is nearing is closure. Things look tight and aren't slipping off idlers anymore. for more great cbradio re...

the setup idea
          Running an alternator as a motorhttp://crazyfishfarmer.com/video/2010/12/14/running-an-alternator-as-a-motor/

Comment

laws of physics prevent this from being possible.
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Thank you! Well at the moment its impossible but maybe in the future who knows. If it was possible now I am sure the car companies would have come up with a car, but then again I am sure the petrol companies would have stamped it out pretty quick. Kinda like HHO.....
              Fun and Festy!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                laws of physics prevent this from being possible.
                This is the only post in this thread I can agree with.
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by BrianFestiva View Post
                  Thank you! Well at the moment its impossible but maybe in the future who knows. If it was possible now I am sure the car companies would have come up with a car, but then again I am sure the petrol companies would have stamped it out pretty quick. Kinda like HHO.....
                  No, in the future, the laws of physics still hold!

Your saying that companies that can't manage to run there own business without a government bailout are capable!

The old adage still holds, "money talks and bovine metabolic waste walks"!
                  HHO is a farce sold to the technologically illiterate to satisfy the need to think they're doing something to combat the "big oil companies".
                  Often times paying for the privilege in both cash and the destruction of their hardware (engine).
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

ideas... you smokin too much herb mon!

This wont be possible until we can start mining unobtanium on Pandora

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

i was thinking, the alternators is not dependent on torque to work but more so on speed/turns, so the concept is based on pulleys, small gears, like the bicycle wheel effect where you pedal once and you have the wheel turning hundreds or thousands of times from that one spin. So if you notice even with a slow movement of the pedal the wheel goes even faster than the pedal movement, also maybe operated on a derailleur system as the bike

or have the gears for the re-generator always be in a harder gears so to get a greater spin from a slow movement of the motor and even increase speed when motor goes faster and when the motor stops these pulleys will still be moving just like when you pedal for a while then stop but the wheel are still moving (maybe a gyroscope built-in momentum system that keeps this energy mechanically).

then connect these alternators in a combination of series and parallel to get the needed amount of volts and amps to sufficiently run the motor and other electronics.
                      Last edited by ideas; 11-03-2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

This free energy stuff is great ! I want to put an electric motor in my festiva and mount a small wind-charger on the roof .Since i live on a steep hill i will just coast up to speed until the wind-charger kicks in and makes electricity then i can just perpetually drive forever free ! lol - I do like your ideas "ideas" keep thinking outside the box - eventually someone like you will figure out how to achieve such seemingly impossible feats ...

Comment

Thanks

Comment

ideas wrote:

"...like the bicycle wheel effect where you pedal once and you have the wheel turning hundreds or thousands of times from that one spin."

To get this effect ("hundreds or thousands of times from that one spin"), you'd need a vacuum. Building the vac chamber and emptying it of atmosphere will take a lot of energy alone. Even after doing this, you'll still face friction losses, no matter how small. You can't recoup your initial energy expenditures with "more energy" from your endeavors. Simple physics laws.

Now in order to be encouraging, I do commend you for thinking about this issue. Everyone should be doing so in this wasteful modern world we live in. However, I also encourage you to study some basic physics and other science subjects so you don't waste time on what amounts to "perpetual motion" ideas.

By driving our little cars, working on them ourselves, and seeing what we can achieve without large corporations or the government, we are already "doing the work" that needs to be done.

Just don't expect too many miracles, and beware those who will try to sell some to you.

This crime prevention saying fits this area too: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

There was an almost identical thread about 3 months ago...

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Working...
                              X