Are these items ever existed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
    Why would anyone want plexiglass windows on a car? They're used on small airplanes for the obvious reason of saving weight, but THEY SCRATCH EASILY. You can't even scrape thin ice off them without destroying them. Even using a paper towel in warm weather leads to fine scratching (paper is abrasive) which shows up when looking into the sun. Also, cracks start at the holes used to fasten them on and spread like spider webs.
    Weight is the only reason why. If you want to build a fast machine thats lightweight , you can consider it. Maybe not 100% practical , and definatly not something to be done in a daily driver , even less if its driven in the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
      -Clear front corner lights (not the flashers)
      -Rear fiberglass hatch. (looks like someone had the idea but was it ever produced?)

I've got a rear fiberglass hatch from FMS. I bought it about 3-4 years ago, still not installed because the rest of the car is in complete restoration. One day I'll install it and it's feather light compare to the metal original one.
      Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

They are back. Read the description. I'll bet this seller will never offer to ship over here again! This is why people should do their homework before bidding.
        '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
        '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
        '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
        '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
        '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
        '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
        '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

There was a magazine I read where a Fit was being lightened for hill-climb time trials. They used all traditional methods, and then took it a step further by using hole saws to remove circular sections of the sheetmetal inside the car, as well as some of the excess in the engine bay and even some of the frame. Of course, this is NOT recommended for road use, but I imagine that it would remove significant weight for AutoCross.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
          X