bp ecu rev limiter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bp ecu rev limiter?

just asking how much those a bp ecu rev to? is it 7400rpm? or higher ? anyone knows? ithink

Depends on the ECU.

7200 for everything here in the US.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

is the i think bp05 ecu the 2 plug one . dont really know why but it came out of a b8 motor

Comment

2 plug doesnt automatically mean bp05. Probally a bp01. Or a protege with the bp.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

BP05 is a two plug, but so is a BP26, BP09, BP01... etc.
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

It's the bp05. Well I installed it to my b3 stock festiva. It worked and reved to around 7000 to 7500. My festiva sparkplugs sounded like it couldnt handle them. I did a test run and it did make a huge difference making my b3 have. More power. One problem , when I parked it, and tried turning the fesyiva on again it would turn on and rev to 2000rpm then just flat down till engine shut off.. I know everyone here will say not worth putting anything in the b3 but you know just hiking for suggestions on why is it doing that.because I know this computer is able to work properly on my b3 because nothing is impossible and if it worked once it can work again , well off anyone finda out why hose it do that I will appreciate it of they tell me . Dont tell me simply don't install it lol.. need help if anyone knows, if not im all by myself lol
            Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2010, 08:14 PM.

Comment

The tach is incredibly inaccurate. I have a BP in my protege and the tach goes well over 7000 rpm but I believe the ecu only lets it rev to around 7000.

Comment

when it leans out and detonates because the ecu thinks its spraying fuel from BP injectors instead of B3 Injectors... and grenades your pistons... Don't say we didn't warn you.

Cutting off an arm with a chainsaw CAN be done... is it good for you?

Facebook Me!

Comment

How bout if I can installed some other injectorss will that make a difference. Like better injectors. I have some ngks 550 cc injectors but it throws out allot of gas so not installing those . I also have 240cc injectors they also fit the b3 . If I do that will it nor detonate like that??

Comment

So you thought you could implant only one part of the BP equation into your car and still have all the fun. Silly guy... you left out a few parts of that swap, lol.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

If you add a turbo or supercharger with the larger injectors so you don't run pig rich it might work, but if you don't you stand a chance of washing the cylinder walls with gas = seeping past rings into oil = bad!!!

Facebook Me!

Comment

Yea I might be adding a turbo. My brother has a whole freakiing turbo kit but doesn't want to give me , but soon ill convince him, he won't be using it, he wants to put it in his Honda but he scared of turbo. All ill need will be to modificate the headers.... that's going to be he hard part because these mechanics over here r pretty dumb at what you want them to weld saying you can't do that etc.. not cool. First imma try the injectors and see if the car would handle the computer

Comment

grab an aspire manifold and then cut the flange off and weld to that.

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                          X