Ford Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Probe

I love little cars. No I take that back...Geo Metro's are POS cars. I love Festivas . However....having never had a car designed for bad donkey...I never truely understood what it was like. Last week I got a 1994 white Ford Probe SE for $1300. It is BEAUTIFULL. Works perfect except for a small exaust patch that it needs. Had a new transmission 20k miles ago. The engine is SUPER clean. No leaks of any sort. Everything is shiny...but not suspiciously shiny lol. It has all the 4 cylinder model's options except fog lights, heated mirrors, and rear wiper. It also HAS NO RUST!!! Its amazing. It looks like this car has been someones baby...as has it become mine. It came with full window tint. The tint was done nicely, the rear window isnt bubbling or anything. Although the two passenger side windows are peeling slightly in one corner. I just put in my stereo and new speakers. It has a HUGE trunk. It will be perfect for some huge subs . Also I just put in 10000K HID lights. So anyways, yea, although I love Festiva's, I never realize how much I could love a mid sized car. I just cant get over how sweet all the options are...working AC, moon roof, cruise control, tilt steering wheel. Its a real beauty. The only thing is I whish it was a stick but oh well. Anyways...sorry to brag about another car on this forum...but its the Festiva's larger brother so I figured it wasnt too bad lol.
    Last edited by Pu241; 11-14-2010, 04:28 AM.
    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
    1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
    1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

This is my photoshop handywork:
    Last edited by pwgus; 11-13-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Sounds great but, hurry up and remove the "A" word from your fourth sentence before you get in trouble lol
      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
        Sounds great but, hurry up and remove the "A" word from your fourth sentence before you get in trouble lol
        Done!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Nice Probe! I had an 89 LX before I got my Festiva and it was a GREAT car. The older GT models were turboed, too bad I couldn't find one of those that would still be clean.

By the way, 2 of your wheels are on backwards. Take a close look and you'll see what I mean.

ProbeTalk is a very nice forum... Tons of info, the members there are awesome. Much like here, only quite a bit bigger.

Enjoy the new ride.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

geo me

Originally posted by pwgus View Post
            I love little cars. No I take that back...Geo Metro's are POS cars. I love Festivas . However....having never had a car designed for bad donkey...I never truely understood what it was like. Last week I got a 1994 white Ford Probe SE for $1300. It is BEAUTIFULL. Works perfect except for a small exaust patch that it needs. Had a new transmission 20k miles ago. The engine is SUPER clean. No leaks of any sort. Everything is shiny...but not suspiciously shiny lol. It has all the 4 cylinder model's options except fog lights, heated mirrors, and rear wiper. It also HAS NO RUST!!! Its amazing. It looks like this car has been someones baby...as has it become mine. It came with full window tint. The tint was done nicely, the rear window isnt bubbling or anything. Although the two passenger side windows are peeling slightly in one corner. I just put in my stereo and new speakers. It has a HUGE trunk. It will be perfect for some huge subs . Also I just put in 10000K HID lights. So anyways, yea, although I love Festiva's, I never realize how much I could love a mid sized car. I just cant get over how sweet all the options are...working AC, moon roof, cruise control, tilt steering wheel. Its a real beauty. The only thing is I whish it was a stick but oh well. Anyways...sorry to brag about another car on this forum...but its the Festiva's larger brother so I figured it wasnt too bad lol.
            got to disagree about metros mine got 45 mpg & when i sold it over 350k miles & still ran great!
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Nice looking car. Good Luck!! That's all I'm saying.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I always liked Probes. My first room mate bought one that i drove a lot and it had some power for a NA 4 banger. Then my uncle bought a later generation GT and it was crazy fast for what it was.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Nice looking donor car :evil4::evil4: J/K that sure does look in great shape though

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                    Nice looking car. Good Luck!! That's all I'm saying.

Hahaha I think I know what you mean. My probe GT was a great car until it all of a sudden developed and bad knock? To this day I still don't know why.
                    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

^^ I had a 97, same engine/tranny as his. It was on it's second engine and third transmission (at 65K miles) when it committed suicide by spontaneous combustion. Maybe I had a lemon, who knows. Hopefully, he will have better luck with his.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

My bro had a black SE just like it. It was a very fun car to drive. Looked better than the 626 (IMO), handled well and ran hard for a 4 cyl......Until his Ex got drunk and rolled it. I kinda like the late model Cougars too. I drove one with the DOHC V6 and a 5 speed and thought it ran hard for what it was.
                        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I dont know how true this is but I read once that said the probe at one time was suppose to replace the mustang.

Comment

It was. Ford didn't like the slowing sales of the 86 mustang and planned to replace it with a fwd Mazda based car. Everyone got mad so they revamped the mustang with the aero styling in 87 and it was a hit.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

yes they were gonna replace the mustang with the probe but ppl were pissed manely cuz its fwd.

thanks for fixing my lil um..misuse of words, sorry forgot myself a little.

thanks for pointing out the wheels too...interesting.

also, interesting note, what was to be the third generation probe was scrapped and became the cougar i read

Comment

Working...
                              X