No announcement yet.

Festivas and snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was looking at Ketchups threads an saw he had some kind of diesel heater on his FR festy there was a red button on the dash its in one of his videos
    Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

biggest advice i can contribute is keep the tires THIN! i was running 185/60/14s on Scrappy and he would just sit on top of the snow. moved to 155-13s and he dug right in. you need to concentrate your available weight onto a smaller area (footprint).
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I was thinking of filling a pipe with lead and making a front strut brace for the winter!!
        Might have to try that after reading iceracerdude's post....
        Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Slick is awesome in the snow. When we had our 22 inch snow last Dec. I was the only one not in a 4 by 4 to not miss any work due to snow. Course, then they chickened out, and shut us down, so I got to drive home in even more snow. After doing some donuts in an empty walmart parking lot.

By the time I got home, I was plowing though 8 or 10 inches of fresh powder. No problems. Haven't driven Annie in the snow yet, but I'm sure she'll do fine. I run cheap little 12 inch M/S rated tires. Festiva FTW!!!!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

when i had the 91 i ran 12" an delivered pizza they never got me hung up an since i was the only guy that could drive in the snow guess who made bank$$$$
            Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
              when i had the 91 i ran 12" an delivered pizza they never got me hung up an since i was the only guy that could drive in the snow guess who made bank$$$$
              Beautiful! Been right there!
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Just don't put too much in the back. I had to move the weight forward of the rear axle, I had 40lb of iron to hold down a tarp, some chains, jackstands, a jack, and a few other things which are now under and behind my front seats, car drives well that way.

Comment

Working...
                X