Festiva as only vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva as only vehicle?

Just wondering how many on here have a festiva/festivas as their ONLY vehicle?
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

only road worthy vehicle, yes, for now....
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I did for a few years...
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

my 91 l had 163,000 when i got it in april with a bad tranny. got it on the road in may been daily driving it as it is my only car(gf has an accord) ever since
        91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

Its my only wheels other than my wifes car. The bad news is my engine burns and leaks oil like no other. The good news is that a diff engine will soon be in it, getting rdy to complete Aspire swap and new exhaust. Very excited!
          90 LX Auto with 120k miles

Comment

It was my only vehicle for 6 years after I bought it.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

my Festiva will be my only vehicle after a BP swap, I was planning to use it as a daily driver as is (stock LX) but the engine died on me today, I'm using my mother's Festiva till I get a BP in mine.... she doesn't drive it often, she typically drives her 05 Chevy Venture, so it was no real change for me starting to drive her's
              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
              89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
              Projects in the works:
              84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Well its my only non project car. The wife also has a festy though she is driving the gti for its heated seats atm... So yes I do really only have festivas as daily drivers
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I daily drive one 70 miles roundtrip. Other one is down waiting for the B6T. Sometimes I worry though.
                  -Donny
                  -1992 Festiva GL
                  B6D/E-series.
                  -1991 GL
                  BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
                    I daily drive one 70 miles roundtrip. Other one is down waiting for the B6T. Sometimes I worry though.
                    Why do you worry?
                    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

my guess is that he won't get the B6T done and the daily will break down, that sorta thing....
                      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                      Projects in the works:
                      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

im gonna be doin a rear turbo on my b3.... till i get a good enough deal on a b8 or b6t
                        91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

Comment

^You got it Andrew. DD needs a few things like an alignment, could use new brakes, and will likely need new lifters soon. One gets stuck sometimes.
                          Last edited by xaero_81; 12-01-2010, 08:11 PM.
                          -Donny
                          -1992 Festiva GL
                          B6D/E-series.
                          -1991 GL
                          BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Hopefully that won't happen, but I had a feeling that was the issue.... I'm going to try doing a BP in my LX this spring if money permits (the B3 died this evening, could be saved but it's more trouble than it's worth)
                            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                            Projects in the works:

Comment

..... a b3... died???? wow thats almost unheard of ... these little engines are almost bulletproof

Comment

Working...
                              X