Texting and driving tickets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texting and driving tickets.

Personally I think the new Wisconsin texting and driving law is wise, bit let's be honest it will be ignored by many cops. That's what I thought until tonight. So I was driving home the other night and my speedometer took a dump. Haven't had money to get a new one yet, so I downloaded the app street race on my htc incredible. It has a speedometer, 0-60 times, top speed, and even quarter mile time. I set my phone in my cluster and use the app. So on my way home tonight I get pulled over. The officer comes to my car and questons if I was texting and driving because he sawthe light from my phone. I point at my phone in my cluster and explain the situTion to him. He laughs and asks if that is a real App I respond by saying "well ya, they weren't lieing when they said there was an app foreverything" he chuckles and tells me to drive safe and get my speedo fixed lol no ticket there lol he also informed me that that it was very creative lol
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

I honestly feel as though texting and driving is way more dangerous then just talking on the phone, talking on the phone does not take your eyes off the road like texting does

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Exactly, and with touch screen phones you almost have to stare at your phone to text. It is almost worse than drunk driving at points

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

I have a touch screen phone and ya i agree, you really need to stare at the phone to text compared to a phone with actual buttons

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Ijust didn't think they would enforce the law much. Pulled me over just because therewas light in my face.

Comment

They passed that law here a year ago. But I constantly see people texting while driving. As far as talking on the phone I think people should at least use hands-free devices, that way you still have two free hands.
            '90 LX

Comment

And if your goingto text they have a voice to text button on almost all new phones. At least use that

Comment

I can't text and drive if it was to save my life. I can bearly churn out a simple yes or no.
                91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Im writinG this as Im hEading down the roaD, phoNe in one hand, beer in tHe other anD some underage giRls in the bacK seat smoking crack.... oh ya and my tags expired. But my seat belt is on.
                  money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

In Indiana they recently passed a similar law but it only applies for people under 18. HA you can't talk/text or anything with your phone if you are under 18.

I typically don't text and drive but occasionally I do. But I can text without looking at my phone so it's not a huge deal, I sitll don't like to do it though.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                      Im writinG this as Im hEading down the roaD, phoNe in one hand, beer in tHe other anD some underage giRls in the bacK seat smoking crack.... oh ya and my tags expired. But my seat belt is on.
                      :laughing3::laughing3:

Comment

I refuse to do it, I tried it once or twice and it nearly cost me my parent's Festiva (was before I got mine)
                        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                        Projects in the works:
                        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

^

two months ago here in n.c. a 16 yo girl died in a car wreck b/c she was texting.
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Laws only effect the law abiding.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

We have had a lot of teenage deaths as a result of.texting.

Comment

Working...
                              X