No announcement yet.

Sloppy 5 speed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to do this so bad on my car....it seems like there's just as much movement when it's in gear as there is when it's in neutral. The car in the junkyard i got my tires off of...the shifter was damn near perfect but i didn't have time to pull it out. It makes you wonder if maybe they don't all fail or if the previous owner put in new bushings.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

on my 91 festiva it went well over 400thousand miles original clutch an all an the shifter never ever got loose so this puzzels me too if it is kinda a here or there thing but at least we have the answers an the people to turn to for info to fix it
      Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Ordered a civic short throw shifter off ebay for $10/shipped (figured since it would all be apart, might as well give that a shot too)........ ordered the 6 bushings from NapaOnline for $16 shipped (friggin $7.40 for the bushings, $7.90 for shipping) but it beats the stealer prices

I'll probably get around to installing them after the 20th....... I'll let you know how it goes, the results of the sloppyness, and hopefully snap some pics...

Phil
        My Whips:

Comment

Could you post the NAPA part number here? Thanks

Comment

hckrphil it only takes one winter up here How are you enjoying all that snow in the last week

Careful with those ebays short shifters, they have been known to break. Mine have been fine, but there were some people on here have them snap.
            Last edited by Gforcefd; 12-09-2010, 08:00 AM.

Comment

NAPA part # 0771303

Originally posted by denguy View Post
              Could you post the NAPA part number here? Thanks
              My Whips:

Comment

I've been up here all my life...... originally from Syracuse....... now in Rochester.

I love the snow so much, I'm packing up and heading on a Caribbean cruise tomorrow haha

Not a big fan of "winter"...... but they seem to be getting less and less intense. I remember as a kid I used to be able to dig tunnels thru my front yard....... now we might get a couple "bad" weeks but the rest of the time just COLD.

Thanks for the heads up on the eBay shifter. I'll check it out when I get it..... if it sucks I'll just stick with my stock one...... could I cut and extend the stock shifter myself? I have a welder......Would just need to lengthen the part BELOW the knuckle that sticks down below the car really..... Would take a lot to "break" it......

~Phil

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                hckrphil it only takes one winter up here How are you enjoying all that snow in the last week

Careful with those ebays short shifters, they have been known to break. Mine have been fine, but there were some people on here have them snap.
                My Whips:

Comment

Originally posted by hckrphil View Post
                  NAPA part # 0771303
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I think you can actually heat up the stock one and move the ball on it that is the pivot, there used to be a write up I believe. You will probably be fine with the ebay one, but just don't ever slam on it. Some of the ebay ones are milled, others are cast, the cast ones are the junky ones.

Also if you are looking for parts just let me know and if I have it I will let you have them for cheap and save you on shipping. I have a spare 1.3 engine and will have a spare auto transmission I will be wanting to get rid of if your interested.
                    Last edited by Gforcefd; 12-09-2010, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                      Thaqnks for the pic. and part number guys. I've been getting mine at the stealer when I can for like 4 times the price. I'll stock up at that price

Comment

Working...
                      X