No announcement yet.

Is anyone else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the family here in Victoria, but I'm without my partner (in Ottawa) til New Years Eve. You can't always get what you want I suppose. Hopefully she agrees haha.

To give any non-Canadians unfamiliar with the geography, that's the same in road miles as Anchorage, AK to San Francisco, CA or Anywhere, Maine to Los Angeles, CA. Thank goodness I'm flying!
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I think part of it for me is the fact that most of my family is gone. Both my parents are gone now, and I only have one brother I talk to. He's very kind, and invites me to dinners with his in-laws, etc, such as Christmas dinner yesterday. Also, I have plenty of friends. But what gets me sad most of all is A) not having a gf at this time of year, (for yet another year), and B) missing how things used to be with my family, with my parents and grandparents coming over for dinner, unwrapping gifts, decorating the tree, etc. I know I can't go back in time, but I wish I could...present day is much too hard for me sometimes.
      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
      Mark S.

Comment

Gf's are overrated bud.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

all women are psychotic and insane
          period end of story...
          now that i've told that i'm sure to be in trouble but do i care? lol
          i'm still waiting to find a blind, deaf, mute woman
          then i'll get married but no kids lol
          oh and i don't have any friends
          the only time people call me is when the want me to fix something or help them move...
          but i'm anti social so that's fine i hate you all anyway
          oh and happy new year lol

Comment

All women are crazy but you just gotta find someone who is worth putting up with! lol
            Amazing Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
              Sorry to hear bud...

I wish it were Jan 2 also... I'll be flying to the Dominican Republic with the new wifey...
              Take pics of the new Festiva!
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

We have a rule at my house: NO Christmas ANYTHING until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Then, sure, play music, talk about the tree, invitations, etc! As far as I'm concerned, there are 364 Christmas shopping days anyway, so why would I care about "Black Friday" or the fact that there are Christmas specials in October? It takes a lot to get me into the holiday spirit in the first place, but I will say this; If you can get away from it all, do it. I avoid the holiday music by plugging my BlackBerry into the stereo and cranking the Pandora, avoiding the holiday sections at the stores, and happily deleting the holiday spam from my inbox. To me, Christmas is about family, close friends, and time spent off work. Now that it's over, the tree can stick around a bit, 'cause there are no parties for taking the stuff down! Happy New Year to everyone when it comes, and even if you are doing the same thing you did the day before, remember that tax time comes but once a year as well!
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
                  I don't get it, A lot of people use Christmas, and the universal time off it provides, to get together with family is all. Your interpretation of what Christmas or New year's is, is up to you, it is of your own choosing, your OWN choice. It's not even something you can successfully blame on your upbringing is it? If you saw this "holiday" as Christ's birthday, that would actually be technicaly correct. If you see it as an excuse for an orgy of excess, be it spending, over eating or drinking...own it.
                  You have what you want. If you want shoes, you've got them right? If you want a cheeze burger, you get one. You figured that stuff out didn't you? If you want a lot of friends, you can have a lot of friends, or more accurately, "not be alone".
                  In all cases, you just have to do what is needed to "achieve" the end you desire.
                  Believe it or not, you've got what you want, cause if you don't have it, you surely don't want it. Obviously excluding the absolute powers of life and health.

May you get everything you wish for! Choose wisely
                  Nicely said. Turn those bad feelings into motivation to make a positive change. And remember, if you want a friend, be a friend.

Edit: dang, now I want a cheeseburger.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

When was Christmas? It was a holiday? Shoot! It's almost new years...I better stock up on some beer.

Keeping the "X" in X-mas
                    FX
                    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
                    X