No announcement yet.

Window Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol I was waiting for that to happen, I tinted all mine at one time except the back glass i tryed 3 times it would crease or have bubbles the trick is a heat gun. I ended up taking mine to have them done cost me 100.00 for the front two door glass and the back glass 20%
    1991 stiva.

Comment

So the car is all back together now......... I think they came out great looking.

Rear window is not done yet..... I will be calling a few tint places Monday...... also looking into just getting the rear piece pre-cut for me in a plotter........ will make it a lot easier.....

I had several creases in the tint (not sure how that happened really) and the fingers just would NOT stop. Got frustrated and ripped the damn tint off haa

Here is how it looks now, minus back window:

~Phil
      My Whips:

Comment

even having the tint pre cut out the key is forming it to the back glass
        u will need a heat gun to really do it right and keep it from bubbling up unless u cut it into strips
        lay the tint down on the outside of the glass and cut it around the edges
        then take the heat gun and work it all over the tint to heat it up and allow it to conform to the glass then pull the clear protective layer and spray it down heavily with soapy water
        then flip the hatch over and lay it on and work from the center out using the heat gun where needed
        it takes a bit of patience

Comment

Will a hair dryer work? I used a hair dryer successfully on the side windows...... but I'm sure a heat gun is "hotter"........
          My Whips:

Comment

The table makes all the difference in the world thats how I did my windows I tinted them 5% limo I got it from autozone it came out good but my razor wasnt sharp so I had to come back with an exacto knife.

Comment

It wasn't hard to cut the tint from the outside of the glass when I did my '93 MGM...

I'm sure with a little patience and lonemanwolf's technique (which I also recommend) the back glass won't be so hard, even if the hatch is still mounted!
              -Zack
              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Well I tried again.... this time with a pre-cut rear piece off ebay.

FAIL AGAIN!

I give up on the rear window now and will take it to have it done. The piece I got was cut to the right shape, but not the correct size.... It still required trimming along all the edges. I even used a heat gun this time.

Might just be I'm not patient enough, but once it starts looking like crap I get frustrated and rip it off.

Oh well, live and learn..... the other windows came out great though
                My Whips:

Comment

Working...
                X