I've got it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perucho View Post
    Or...take a trip to cali and pick up a complete set of doors and hatch with no rust! That would also take care of most of the flowers
    That sounds like an awesome idea! Maybe a few are tolerable...

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that! I think I'll press my luck at the junkyard or hope for a better deal.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

You look so happy you got that car! Look at the smile on your face! Ha ha!

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post

Haha, I just can't keep them. They lower my testosterone level.
      lol yeah, they gotta go.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
        Thanks, I appreciate that! I think I'll press my luck at the junkyard or hope for a better deal.
        PM sent.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
          You look so happy you got that car! Look at the smile on your face! Ha ha!.
          Hahaha, my mom was laughing too hard at the flowers so I was getting impatient and put on an extra cheesy smile :cheese:
          -Zack

Comment

Fom

Enter it in Festiva of the month with the flowers and see if it wins. You'll have my vote for sure!

Comment

I looked over the whole car today. A little more rust than I'd noticed before. It's starting in front of the driver's rear wheel. There's a rusty ding in the driver's fender as well.

A lot of the car is just plain amazing. It's so simple, like an oversized go-kart, haha. I like that.

I found the jack and spare tire in good condition in the back. Out of place and surely used a few times but it's there with the carpet panel on top.

I'm missing the decklid from the hatch. I can see wear markings indicating that it had one at some point. Maybe I can find one soon, but as I understand, they're kind of rare too.

As I found out yesterday, I've got 50/50 split folding rear seats, matching front seats and door panels from an 88-89 LX. They're cloth/vynil and in pretty decent shape. I remembered about the fold totally flat trick and tried it. Pretty cool, but it doesn't look too comfortable to sleep on, haha. It'd be great for long cargo.

The seat belts are worn and disgusting. The driver's side belt has frayed stitches at the automatic track end. The passenger's side is held in with a knot at that point. I'll need new ones soon.

Then I checked under the hood. I put the intake back together and looked through all of the wiring and hoses to check for shorts and leaks. The timing belt is really oily and previously flung oil onto the hood above it. The timing cover is in the back seat. Otherwise, everything looks pretty good. Kind of messy and a bit zip-tie happy from the P.O. but I decided to see if I could start her up.

I cranked it and it turned over and gave me a put-put. Cool!

Cranked it and gave it a little gas and she shook to life. It really seems like a timing issue so I'm going to have to look up a timing belt how-to. The distributor, cap, rotor, wires and coil all appear newer and fine but that belt was pretty easy to move side to side with my fingers. I'll have to clean it all up and get a new belt in there.

Too bad it's 20 some degrees out there! I'd be knee deep in grease by now if it was nice out.
              -Zack

Comment

Best to get a shop manual (any from 1990 to 1993 will do fine covering FI Festivas) or at least a Haynes manual while you wait out the cold.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
                  DUDE FLOWER POWER dont get rid of the flowers they rock ( this coming from the guy in the CAMO LOOKS LIKE A TANK FESTIVA ) ya gotta be different an have fun with it
                  X2 Leave the flowers and swap in a B6T. The only thing more embarrassing to a Ricer than getting smoked by a Festiva is by a Festiva with flowers on it. Just tell them they were out of the oriental dragon vinyl set so they subbed in the flower set.
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

sure thing... flowers gotta go bro. I say go with the BP turbo and a nice flame job. Talk about a mancart. yahoooooo
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    93 Festiva L (B8 swap in progress)

Comment

That's it...just add some flames to the flowers!

FLAMING DAISIES!

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i think flaming flowers adds like 20 HP
                        Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

:flower: FLAMING DASIES!

Hahaha, we'll see...
                          -Zack

Comment

Not gonna lie, B6t Flaming daisies, pretty freaking sweet. Talk about a sleeper!
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by ejp2fast View Post
                              keep the "love" on the rear glass..
                              Yeah, and add some kittens and bunnies!!!

And as for the rear-seat trick being comfortable, it is very comfortable. I put some pillows along the seats to even everything out, and slept very well in a sleeping bag.
                              Last edited by TominMO; 01-03-2011, 05:24 PM.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Found a timing belt how to.

I'm going to try it tomorrow with the existing belt to see if I can even get it running right. If so, I'll clean it all up and install a new belt.

The P.O. took off the timing belt and pulleys already so I can start at step 9, hahaha.
                                -Zack

Comment

Working...
                                X