Attention: Ebay item not what its seems to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
    I always take multiple pics of what I sell, and I don't buy from anyone too lazy to take a picture.
    Do you have over 7k items listed at once? He does, and I think it's perfectly reasonable to show a stock photo for some rather than take a picture of every single item he has. FWIW, evilBay thinks that too.

Technically, he's within his rights. If the buyer disputes it after receiving the item, they will win anyway. evilBay is just goofed up and has been for a long time. Nothing makes sense, and the buyer is always right.
    Last edited by sketchman; 01-06-2011, 10:45 AM.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I think stock photography is fine, as long as the pic depicts the actual item, not something close or similar. What I was referring to was people who have an individual item for sale, and are too lazy to take a pic.

And actually, come to think of it, I HAVE bought from people using stock! (Festiva radiator, for example).
      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
      Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
        I'm confused. How is it fraud? He says the pictures may not represent the actual item.

Here's my next Craigslist ad, then.

"For sale, Luxury Automobile. A fully equipped 2007 BMW with automatic collision detection, fully heated seats, and ABS brakes for $2,100 is quite a deal, and this car I have for sale does ALL the same things that the BMW does - goes down the road, carries your groceries, except that you must avoid your own collisions. It's the same color as the Dino Ferrari in the photo below. The Ferrari will go over 160 miles per hour and is one of the most collectable of all the truly "driveable" Ferraris. $2100 or best offer for my car."

It meets the criteria for the ad, I think.

1) It doesn't claim that the car in the photo is the car for sale

2) It doesn't have a photo of the actual item for sale.

3) The item for sale functions as an automobile.

Lannis (feeling a bit puckish today)

Comment

Working...
        X