No announcement yet.

Brand New Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Festivazoom sounds like a plan and yea Ianmeyer I didn't notice that!

Oh well this and plenty more out there when I get the funds!

Comment

all the cars around here are around 600$ and 100% rust free and ive seen them talked down to 100$ bc of small flaws.... biglay5150 has bought like 5 festys for around 100$ u just gotta polish up on your hewbrew skills lol

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
      1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
      R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
      00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
      03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
      pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
      Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
      Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

"Hewbrews?" :p You mean those people who carve beer steins out of oak trees?

Welcome KoD! That red car looks quite drivable, but you'd need to pop the hood and look for structural damage around the strut towers or any misalignment from one side to the other. It is entirely possible there is no significant alignment damage. As already stated, we've seen and repaired worse! However, the possibility is there.

As far as mpgs go, who knows what the owner will claim to get? Careful owners can indeed get 50 mpg and sometimes more, but some will underestimate the fuel economy. An ATX, driven carefully, could get 38mpg on the highway, maybe a bit more. My B6/ATX swap got about 37 highway at its best and averaged around 27 to 28mpg in town (with a heavy, happy right foot!).

If I were you, I'd go see as many Festivas as you can to get some experience simply evaluating them and taking a few test drives. In the meantime, save your money.

Karl

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
        X