No announcement yet.

Today's Lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can vouch for Radium, its in our drinking water. We were sent a letter in the mail via Federal regulation that our water had dangerous levels of it and to drink at our own risk.

Gotta love today's environment!

Comment

A good whole house carbon filter should take it out!
      Is this your well or a municipal water supply?
      Last edited by Pu241; 01-19-2011, 04:09 PM.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

TominMO, I would make fun of you, but then that would be coming from the guy who had to swap hubs twice because he put the bad one back on the first time. :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
          TominMO, I would make fun of you, but then that would be coming from the guy who had to swap hubs twice because he put the bad one back on the first time. :roll:
          :shock:
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
            Well I would make fun of YOU, but this would be from a guy who had his MAF on backwards for months and couldn't fingure out why his car wouldn't run.

FTW!
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'm starting to think we need to borrow drddan's sig. Whatcha think?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                municipal water supply

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                  You know what I'm glad you brought this up because I drink about a half gallon of water a day which costs money because I drink bottled water. I do have carbon filtration on my faucet but stopped using it for drinking water because of the radium warning.

But reading up on it, the federal standard is way too low for there to be a high risk of me being poisoned by it so its safe to drink anyway. I could save some money by going back to drinking tap water.

Comment

Originally posted by KoD88 View Post
                    You know what I'm glad you brought this up because I drink about a half gallon of water a day which costs money because I drink bottled water. I do have carbon filtration on my faucet but stopped using it for drinking water because of the radium warning.

But reading up on it, the federal standard is way too low for there to be a high risk of me being poisoned by it so its safe to drink anyway. I could save some money by going back to drinking tap water.
                    I drink tap water, filtered through one of those filter pitchers. It does taste better than tap water and costs way less than bottled. Plus less hassle.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                    X