There's No Better Forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's No Better Forum...

There's no better forum than the one here. Over the last several months, with my Festiva running like a dream, I took the time to do some work on both our kid's Jeep and my F150. After spending a ton of time on other forums I can honestly say there is no better group of folks than you find right here. Everyone on here has always been respectful, helpful and fun (at least to me ). Just in case you've never had the time to spend on other forums I can attest, there's no better one in the land. Thanks for all the help and online friendships.
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

I agree Big Wheel!

Now go to the Arena and see what we're REALLY saying about you!

(I haven't been to a lot of other car forums, but I've seen enough to know you're right.)

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

This is the plain truth BigWheel! This is my internet home. I was just having trouble on a musician's forum. This place is a refuge of kindness, understanding, and knowledge. All other forums fail in comparison. Thanks to my great friends here for making it that way.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

You know, I think part of it (just a part, mind you) is that we often meet in real life, too. Having a lot of meets and so forth "keeps it real" and maybe prevents some animosity. It's hard to "accidentily" think someone is harassing you when you've met them in real life and know they're good people!

Karl

Comment

^^ What I was going to say. Karl, you're a mind reader. :shock:
          I think it's a combination of things. Good people, good management, and the fact that we do get together. I also think the Festiva itself is not a car that "car guys" would have. And most of the "car guys" I run into are just snobs about the kind of car they drive.
          Last edited by batstiva; 01-29-2011, 05:41 PM.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I think another factor in this is that if you drive a festiva you don't care what people think about you. You are not concerned with appearances. You're generally not about the one up thing. Generally festiva owners are down to earth. We are also not your average person. Often eccentric in one or more ways. In my opinion that makes us cool. We really are counter culture. 8)
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              I think another factor in this is that if you drive a festiva you don't care what people think about you. You are not concerned with appearances. You're generally not about the one up thing. Generally festiva owners are down to earth. We are also not your average person. Often eccentric in one or more ways. In my opinion that makes us cool. We really are counter culture. 8)
              X2!! That's what I intended to say. You're just a better writer than am I.:-D

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Don't know about you, Paul, but I'm anti-counter reverse culture, multiculturally speaking with a side of diversity! (The DARK side of diversity!)

Karl

Comment

lol @ both of you! :lol:
                  I have to admit though that I am a snob about festivas. I know they are the best car ever. And they destroy everything in direct competition with them and most everything that is supposedly out of their league.
                  I'm festivacentric!!

Comment

I always explain Festivas this way:

The idea was from Ford, designed by Mazda and made in Korea by Kia and sold with a fake Spanish name! Very multicultural! Way ahead of its time, in fact.

Karl

Comment

I agree! This is a great forum. This is the only forum I am a member of, but I have been on some other forums as a guest. People are nice and helpful, and don't disrespect other members. Plus I like being on a forum that doesn't allow profanity. I don't use cuss words personally and I like reading stuff without it being littered with cuss words.
                      '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                        That almost sounds like a horoscope :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                          I like being on a forum that doesn't allow profanity. I don't use cuss words personally and I like reading stuff without it being littered with cuss words.
                          X2!
                          That is a huge deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                            That almost sounds like a horoscope :lol:
                            LOL!!!! :lol:

Comment

The only other forum I've been on that's anywhere near as nice as this one is A-Body.net (it's for owners of FWD GM "A" body cars). The people are just as nice and helpful as here. FF.com gets way more traffic though.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                              X