Subaru Justy vs. Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    The GTX should be way more compatible. Still AWD in a festiva hasn't been pulled off yet.
    There is one guy here who supposedly did it with nissan running gear. He hasn't provided any proof.
    You don't believe him? Well, don't make me hop in my Aspire with Hydrogen Generator that gets 113 mpg & come over there & show you that he's telling the truth.

Comment

What make of H generator do you have?

Comment

Since you are working with a ford running gear (yamaha I know but ready to mate to a ford trans) and since the swap is extremely advanced anyway (more advanced than the original shogun by FAR) I wonder if the tempo awd set up might be an option.
        If it's anything like the Ford Aerostar 4WD setup, it's too fragile for high HP.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

well as it sits, the 94 EFI that i have is at 167k on and running strong, just have to repair some front engine leaks, my 89 has 130k and carbed, runs strong, and the 88 i have is near 200k and even with the carb gasket leak, runs stronger than all of them.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            well as it sits, the 94 EFI that i have is at 167k on and running strong, just have to repair some front engine leaks, my 89 has 130k and carbed, runs strong, and the 88 i have is near 200k and even with the carb gasket leak, runs stronger than all of them.
            Great! You are way smarter than the average car guy of course. How much of that moderate survival is due to your talent? NOT picking. Really just curious.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
              If it's anything like the Ford Aerostar 4WD setup, it's too fragile for high HP.
              I just did some reading and it looks like you are correct. Glass was a term used to describe the tempo rear end! :lol:
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Aspire View Post
                You don't believe him? Well, don't make me hop in my Aspire with Hydrogen Generator that gets 113 mpg & come over there & show you that he's telling the truth.
                :lol:

Comment

Paul, i beat the livin crap out of my Justys and aside from replacing a broken timing belt and oil changes, I've done nothing to prolong their life. i originaly got one for free as a winter beater and was expecting it to last 1 or 2 seasons, now that car's on it's 5th season and still strong.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

:lol:
                    I used to be impressed with how "great" the invention of HHO generators was. Until I noticed that it only works on people's cars who are trying to sell you a kit or an e-book. Kinda funny how that works, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      Paul, i beat the livin crap out of my Justys and aside from replacing a broken timing belt and oil changes, I've done nothing to prolong their life. i originaly got one for free as a winter beater and was expecting it to last 1 or 2 seasons, now that car's on it's 5th season and still strong.
                      Well cool!

Comment

Why not use an old EVO 1 drivetrain? From what I've seen on the interwebs it has same layout setup as Ford engines, they're generally built for higher HP/torque and they're probably numerous.

I've looked into these things a little bit. GRANTED! It would be a lot of work just to mate the engine to the transmission, but all is doable.

Ok, well now you've gotten ------g silly. ~ MONSOON

Comment

I passed a Justy just yesterday and took a double take because I forgot they existed and now they look so much like a festiva
                          Little Red Car

Comment

I saw a dude in a Festiva the other day on my way home from school. I seriously forget how small they are (since it's quite rare I see one).

Ok, well now you've gotten ------g silly. ~ MONSOON

Comment

The EVO drivetrain may work. Also today when I was doing work on the car, I looked underneath and there seems to be a trench going right along the exhaust and stopping where the fuel tank is. Knowing how manufacturers work, I'm guessing this is where the driveshaft would go along if it had AWD? The 323 chassis and festiva chassis were similar, right? The only mod underneath to make it fit would probably be a fuel tank from a GTX.
                              "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
                              --Anonymous

Comment

^ hardly, that tunnel is just for the exhaust and nothing else. on a stock car, nothing should be hanging below the pinch welds and that nessisitates an exhaust tunnel. if you were to look at the size of the tunnel in a BG chassis and compare it to a festy, you'd see a big differance.

Comment

Working...
                                X