No announcement yet.

which clutch is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 6 puck in my BP slipped at first when it was brand new but after break in it grips incredibly strong. Sometimes trying to take off easy can be a pain though. It always wants to spin the tires.
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
      Yeeeeah if youre burning up stock clutches on a stock motor (or in your case, probably less than a stock motor) you might wanna learn to drive stick.

I pretty much believe neanderpaul when he tells stories of 300,000+ mile festies with factory clutches.

I also cant recommend a hard clutch on a glass transmission. That thing slips for a reason. Its the fuse between the engine and transmission. E-series doesnt take too well to the shock of hard launches as wheel hop.
      'nuff said
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
        The b8 and bp are a easier swap then the b6 engine wise and wiring
        How is that? I've done a couple of BPs and B6s, B6 is WAAAY easier. No mounts or wiring at all (except for the injectors on some years), bolts right up. Unless you are talking about the Fseries trans VS Gseries... in that case still the Fseries is still easier to find parts, since it doesn't require the elusive XR2 halfshaft. As for clutches, I beat the crap out of an Autozone special clutch kit for 50K behind a BP, most of that stoplight to stoplight in the city, and it finally started slipping a little by that point, but I traded the motor for another car soon after that anyway. That was on a stock E-series trans with about 170K on it when I started, 220K by the time I got rid of the motor.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
        X