I got so many nice things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep you stole the sears box!
    Nice new festy too. Love the name! So are you getting her roadworthy?
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Nice Backupstiva purchase!

Good tool deals, too. Maybe I should be heading for Sears.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

PJs for the win! Do you deliver or did the PO just not remove the topper? Lol
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Man! You steped in a BIG pile of good stuff!! That 1 pic looks like a festy train. haha I bought my tool box from Harbour Freight 4 drawer ,big bin roller & 7 drawer top box for $80. a year ago. Not the quality of Craftsman. Congrats. Send some of that luck south. ;}
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

.... I would like to know how you hooked up the TOW BAR to the second Festiva (White). If possible, please show some pics. I too have a TOW BAR but am NOT quite sure how to hook it up. Thanks . . .
            Originally posted by scitzz View Post
            Went out for a while today, took a drive, ran some errands, pick up a few things.

First, I needed some booze. Funds were running low, so I grabbed me some Brandy...

Ran by sears to pick up the $50 deal on a set of gear wrenches, I love ratcheting wrenches, I don't think the FSM could create a better tool....Still looking for a set of S&K's like Festyboy brought to FM4 though....

While I was there, I was eyeballing some of the tool boxes on sale, and the salesman, an old guy with a sharp eye, couldn't help but but noticing this as I wandered around candy land, I mean the tool section of Sears....

Long story short, he pointed out a 5 drawer, $150 ball bearing slide, black tool box, open box clearance, for $38.93. $42 with tax, I know, cause I bought it. I told the wife he cast a spell on me, I think she isn't buying it, but I can keep the box anyways...

So, since I am already out dicking around, and spending money, I decided to spend a little more.

Yeah, I did it, I brought my second Festiva home an hour or so ago.

Ladies and men of questionable background, may I present....

Backupstiva!

She needs a little work, and a better name, but, yeah, she is in the driveway awaiting lurves right now
            A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Paul, the goal is to get her roadworthy. Stay tuned for more details...

htchbck: I deliver.

Boydg1: I borrowed the setup from a friend, and it is pretty cool. He welded his tow bar parts, the ones that attach to the car, to the tow strap plates off an old Festiva. Take off the tow strap, and bolt those in place, attach tow bar, and go. Arrive, remove, and put your straps back on. Thanks kartracer46
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

I got me some of those wrenchs, I love them , you will too. Congrats on the shopping spree ! That festy looks pretty straight. Ive got a picture somewhere of Wes hooking up a towbar to the front of a festy, Ill search for it.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Looks like scitzz used the tow eyelets to connect the tow bar
                  Last edited by freshtiva; 03-04-2011, 04:02 PM.
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

.... Can YOU show some pics??

Boydg1: I borrowed the setup from a friend, and it is pretty cool. He welded his tow bar parts, the ones that attach to the car, to the tow strap plates off an old Festiva. Take off the tow strap, and bolt those in place, attach tow bar, and go. Arrive, remove, and put your straps back on. Thanks kartracer46[/quote]

Comment

Paul, the goal is to get her roadworthy.
                      That's been my goal for every car that I've owned. Sad, but true.

Comment

Fresh, I used them the day I bought them, to get the tow hooks off. Saved mucho time!

boydg1. It is pouring outside, I will see if I can get some pics tomorrow for you, but this setup is specific to this tow bar, and it is an ancient style. Works wonders, but won't be identical to anything recent.

Aspire: She doesn't appear to need much work, but she MIGHT become a parts/electric car. Undecided so far, but that body is sooooo straight!
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

.... "this setup is specific to this tow bar". That's ok , it will allow me to see what was changed on the tow bar and how it was hooked up and MOST importantly what it was hooked to on Festie. Am looking forward to the pics.
                          .... Is the transmission AUTO or Manual and did you do anything to the transmission before towing. How FAR did you tow Festie???

Thanks again

_____:p_____

boydg1. It is pouring outside, I will see if I can get some pics tomorrow for you, but this setup is specific to this tow bar, and it is an ancient style. Works wonders, but won't be identical to anything recent.

Comment

the wrenches are on my "when I find extra money, I'm going to buy some new tools" wishlist/fund. I had some ratcheting dog bone wrenches until they seized up... best birthday present I ever got.....
                            Edit: for reasons beyond my control, the vocabulary that belongs only in the arena comes spewing from my mouth, so I won't discuss it further, I have an uncontrollable hatred for Brandy, but to each their own.
                            Last edited by DrMaxwellEdison; 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM.
                            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                            89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                            Projects in the works:
                            84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
                              .... "this setup is specific to this tow bar". That's ok , it will allow me to see what was changed on the tow bar and how it was hooked up and MOST importantly what it was hooked to on Festie. Am looking forward to the pics.
                              .... Is the transmission AUTO or Manual and did you do anything to the transmission before towing. How FAR did you tow Festie???

Thanks again

_____:p_____
                              That one is a manual. He towed it about 70 miles. I know because he got the car from me!
                              kartracer46, who made the setup for himself, also used it to tow a car from me, about 125 miles. Then he loaned the setup to Scitzz.
                              Once the crud is washed off the car and it's cleaned out, it will look good. I hope the wiring issue turns out to be something simple to fix like you guys think it is.
                              Paul, when you are ready to work on this one, let me know and we'll dig out the parts you need for the front end.
                              1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                              1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                              Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                              website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Can't wait to see that white one after you chase the crud with some greased lightening. I'll bet it looks really good, not sure how i'd know that but I do.
                                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                                X