Flat towing a slush box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
    But did you know if the tranny was any good to begin with?
    No Idea Pu241, I did have one that would move forward but not backward in N or any other gear. Won't even go into Park anymore. That one needed a trans before it ever left. The other one seems to be OK, but with no brakes it's kinda hard to test drive for shift feel.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
      The other one seems to be OK, but with no brakes it's kinda hard to test drive for shift feel.
      Jay, it just makes it that much more exciting, not knowing when or if you'll stop!

Point was if you knew the tranny was shot, there'd be no worry about flat towing it because the tranny was already toast!
      But, looks like Scitzz has got it under control!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I know he did it....maybe he left it in gear too.....I know that he has done it with no issue. He may have even towed the auto from Madness to Florida but I am not sure.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
          Blech. Home Depot sucks. They didn't have half of what I needed. Also, 3/4 inch washers were 2 inches across, think those would fit?
          they will in the back but can't say for the front though a 3/4 lock washer should do the trick. though when i towed mine, i used a 1/2 bolt and hardware... but i only went 15 mi.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I thought about lock washers as well, but my local home de-pot didn't have those in stock, either. He did tell me about a place called "fasteners" in Durham(out of the way), and I plan on stopping there on my way to get the car. I have to go about 70 miles to get it. It is closer to central/western NC than I am...
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

i think he ment Fastenal, it's a "nothing but fasteners" store. awesome..... it's where i found a 12.2 grade bolt for my lower control arm.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yeah, Fastenal, that's what I'm sure he meant.
                Got my stainless steel bolts with integral viton seals for my centrifuge there 4 bolts = $30.00!:shock:
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Turns out that is the place, although I never made it there. Mission aborted....

On the way there, I got this terrible shimmy while braking, followed by that awful bad bearing sound. Must have busted that bearing all at once. Went back to the house, and replaced it with a knuckle off of backupstiva. It was too late to make the trip, and had to be postponed to this weekend.

The worst part?

That bearing is bad as well, and am getting ready to rebuild the knuckle right now....
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                  X